`Land losers in Gurgaon will be compensated as per new Act`
Gurgaon: Land owners and farmers in Gurgaon would be given compensation as per the new land acquisition act even if the procurement notifications were issued before the legislation came into force on January 1, 2014.
Administrator of the Haryana Urban Development Authority (HUDA), Gurgaon P C Meena today said land owners` rights would be protected even if the notifications were issued in November and December last under the Land Acquisition Act of 1894.
They would be given compensation at the enhanced rates as per the provisions of the new Land Acquisition Act, Meena clarified, adding that people were being misled by some persons and rumours were rife about the notifications issued in the months of November and December last year.
"These notifications will in no way jeopardise the interests of the farmers and land owners since the award for compensation is to be announced after January 1 this year, so they need not be misled, their interests are duly protected," Meena said.
The rehabilitation and resettlement package mentioned in the new Act would be made available to the land owners even though the notifications were issued under the old Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof