`Land losers in Gurgaon will be compensated as per new Act`
Gurgaon: Land owners and farmers in Gurgaon would be given compensation as per the new land acquisition act even if the procurement notifications were issued before the legislation came into force on January 1, 2014.
Administrator of the Haryana Urban Development Authority (HUDA), Gurgaon P C Meena today said land owners` rights would be protected even if the notifications were issued in November and December last under the Land Acquisition Act of 1894.
They would be given compensation at the enhanced rates as per the provisions of the new Land Acquisition Act, Meena clarified, adding that people were being misled by some persons and rumours were rife about the notifications issued in the months of November and December last year.
"These notifications will in no way jeopardise the interests of the farmers and land owners since the award for compensation is to be announced after January 1 this year, so they need not be misled, their interests are duly protected," Meena said.
The rehabilitation and resettlement package mentioned in the new Act would be made available to the land owners even though the notifications were issued under the old Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range