`Land losers in Gurgaon will be compensated as per new Act`
Gurgaon: Land owners and farmers in Gurgaon would be given compensation as per the new land acquisition act even if the procurement notifications were issued before the legislation came into force on January 1, 2014.
Administrator of the Haryana Urban Development Authority (HUDA), Gurgaon P C Meena today said land owners` rights would be protected even if the notifications were issued in November and December last under the Land Acquisition Act of 1894.
They would be given compensation at the enhanced rates as per the provisions of the new Land Acquisition Act, Meena clarified, adding that people were being misled by some persons and rumours were rife about the notifications issued in the months of November and December last year.
"These notifications will in no way jeopardise the interests of the farmers and land owners since the award for compensation is to be announced after January 1 this year, so they need not be misled, their interests are duly protected," Meena said.
The rehabilitation and resettlement package mentioned in the new Act would be made available to the land owners even though the notifications were issued under the old Act.
- This young maid wanted to do anything to 'please' her boss: Watch video to know what happened
- Haji Ali row: Forcibly entering a temple or mosque is wrong, first woman Qazi of UP to Trupti Desai
- Coal scam: Court orders framing of charges against Naveen Jindal, others
- It's actually shocking! Three monks get involved in brawl at Buddhist temple in China - Watch
- ICICI net plunges 87% to over 11-year low as NPA provision soars