Land to Rajiv Gandhi Trust rocks Haryana Assembly
Chandigarh: The issue of "illegal" allotment of land to Rajiv Gandhi Charitable Trust by the Haryana government rocked the state Assembly on Monday as BJP staged a walk out and INLD MLAs were physically removed from the House for creating uproar over the issue.
The opposition parties were demanding a discussion on the issue.
The uproar started when Haryana Appropriation Bill was moved and BJP MLA Anil Vij stood up and demanded a discussion on the "irregularities" found by Comptroller and Auditor General of India (CAG) report in the release of land to the trust for setting up an eye hospital at Ullahwas village in Gurgaon district.
"CAG has found in its report that the land was illegally given to Rajiv Gandhi Charitable Trust by Haryana government and we should discuss it now," demanded Vij.
However, Speaker denied the permission to discuss the issue and said,"House is not the proper forum (for discussing the CAG report)."
He asked Vij to sit down but BJP MLA kept on demanding the discussion. Thereafter, Speaker Kuldeep Sharma asked the marshals to remove Vij from the House.
Haryana Parliamentary minister Randeep Singh Surjewala rubbished the charges of the BJP MLA, who accused the state government of "gifting land worth crore of rupees to its near and dear ones."
Perturbed over the removal of Vij, the remaining three BJP MLAs staged walk out.
After that, INLD MLA led by Abhay Chautala and Ram Pal Majra also sought to discuss the CAG report but Speaker did not allow any discussion. MORE
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi