Leaders of backward classes oppose cut in 27% quot
Hisar: The backward classes` leaders in
Haryana on Wednesday demanded not to reduce the 27 percent quota
already given to the backward classes.
They submitted a memorandum to the Haryana Backward
Classes Commission (HBCC) here.
HBCC today heard representations, objections and claims
submitted by groups or organisations or representatives or
individuals for and against inclusion or exclusion of Jat,
Jat Sikhs, Ror, Bishnoi and Tyagi or any other caste in the
list of Backward Classes under the chairmanship of Justice K C
The social, economic and educational standard of the
castes of the members of the delegation was discussed during
hearing in the presence of its members Jai Singh Bishnoi, Som
Dutt and Arjun Dev Gulati and its Secretary SK Setia.
The Commission had set some norms for inclusion of
castes into the list of Backward Classes. The Commission was
specially working on the gazette notification of the people of
Jat, Sikh Jat, Ror, Tyagi and Bishnoi castes.
Justice Gupta said so far 46 representations had been
received from the people of all castes in Hisar and personal
suggestions of the representatives of 11 castes had been
Thereafter, suggestions of the representatives of all
castes would be recorded by visiting all the districts of the
state, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next