Leaders of backward classes oppose cut in 27% quot
Hisar: The backward classes` leaders in
Haryana on Wednesday demanded not to reduce the 27 percent quota
already given to the backward classes.
They submitted a memorandum to the Haryana Backward
Classes Commission (HBCC) here.
HBCC today heard representations, objections and claims
submitted by groups or organisations or representatives or
individuals for and against inclusion or exclusion of Jat,
Jat Sikhs, Ror, Bishnoi and Tyagi or any other caste in the
list of Backward Classes under the chairmanship of Justice K C
The social, economic and educational standard of the
castes of the members of the delegation was discussed during
hearing in the presence of its members Jai Singh Bishnoi, Som
Dutt and Arjun Dev Gulati and its Secretary SK Setia.
The Commission had set some norms for inclusion of
castes into the list of Backward Classes. The Commission was
specially working on the gazette notification of the people of
Jat, Sikh Jat, Ror, Tyagi and Bishnoi castes.
Justice Gupta said so far 46 representations had been
received from the people of all castes in Hisar and personal
suggestions of the representatives of 11 castes had been
Thereafter, suggestions of the representatives of all
castes would be recorded by visiting all the districts of the
state, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray