Leaders of backward classes oppose cut in 27% quot
Hisar: The backward classes` leaders in
Haryana on Wednesday demanded not to reduce the 27 percent quota
already given to the backward classes.
They submitted a memorandum to the Haryana Backward
Classes Commission (HBCC) here.
HBCC today heard representations, objections and claims
submitted by groups or organisations or representatives or
individuals for and against inclusion or exclusion of Jat,
Jat Sikhs, Ror, Bishnoi and Tyagi or any other caste in the
list of Backward Classes under the chairmanship of Justice K C
The social, economic and educational standard of the
castes of the members of the delegation was discussed during
hearing in the presence of its members Jai Singh Bishnoi, Som
Dutt and Arjun Dev Gulati and its Secretary SK Setia.
The Commission had set some norms for inclusion of
castes into the list of Backward Classes. The Commission was
specially working on the gazette notification of the people of
Jat, Sikh Jat, Ror, Tyagi and Bishnoi castes.
Justice Gupta said so far 46 representations had been
received from the people of all castes in Hisar and personal
suggestions of the representatives of 11 castes had been
Thereafter, suggestions of the representatives of all
castes would be recorded by visiting all the districts of the
state, he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents