Lecturer abducted at gunpoint from college campus
Jhajjar: A lecturer was allegedly abducted
by unidentified miscreants at gunpoint from the parking lot of
a college in Bahadurgarh town here on Saturday, said officials.
The lecturer, identified as Mohit Hooda, was allegedly
abducted from PDM College for Professional Studies here when
he was parking his car, said officials.
The incident took place nearly an hour before the visit
of Member of Parliament (MP) from Rohtak, Deepender Singh
Hooda, to the college for inaugurating its two-day annual
Though the MP had reached Bahadurgarh as scheduled, he
had to go back after being informed about the incident.
Hooda directed police officials to take all possible
steps to trace the abducted lecturer at the earliest, said
The abductors were allegedly chasing Mohit from Rohtak,
said police officials.
"Police teams have been formed to trace the abducted
lecturer after getting information about the incident," said
Jhajjar SP, Sourabh Singh.
"We have recorded the statements of the college staff and
kin of the abducted lecture for getting any clue about the
abductors," he said, adding that the reason behind the
incident was yet to be ascertained.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt