LeT suspect arrested in Haryana, sent to police custody
New Delhi: A suspected Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) operative, arrested from Haryana, was Tuesday sent to five days in police custody by a Delhi court.
Hafeez Rashid, 30, was arrested from Nuh district in Haryana Monday night, police said.
His name surfaced after police interrogated Mohammad Shahid, another LeT suspect arrested by a special cell of Delhi Police Dec 9 from Choti Mewli village in Nuh district.
An earlier report said he was arrested Dec 10 but police later corrected the date.
Rashid was presented before the court of Additional Sessions Judge Dharmesh Sharma who allowed Delhi Police to question the LeT suspect till Dec 21.
A police officer said Rashid was providing logistics to Shahid to prepare for a terror attack in north India.
"Rashid introduced Shahid to Pakistan-based LeT commander Javed Baluchi early this year. They travelled to Pakistan to meet Baluchi," a police officer said.
Both Rashid and Shahid were imams of a mosque in Choti Mewli, police said.
Shahid told police that he had joined the LeT about six-seven months ago.
Police said the LeT module was at an advanced stage of planning a terrorist strike in Delhi, Haryana and Rajasthan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH