Licenses of 43 depot holders cancelled in Haryana
Chandigarh: The Haryana Food and Supplies Department has cancelled licences of 43 depot holders on charges of committing various irregularities.
Security money amounting to over Rs 1.06 lakh of 33 dealers has also been forfeited, a spokesman of Haryana Food and Supplies Department said here.
Essential commodities were being provided to people through 9,331 fair price shops located in urban and rural areas, near industrial units and hostels of students, he said.
Out of the total fair price shops functioning in the state, 6,654 were located in rural areas and 2,677 in urban areas.
As many as 77 fair price shops were located near industrial units and 22 fair price shops were near schools or hostels, he added.
He said that village level committees of members of Panchayats and others were functioning in the state to effectively check functioning of the fair price shops and supervise the distribution of controlled commodities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Sweden, Kazakhstan, Ethiopia, Bolivia elected to UNSC for 2017-18
- Sturgeon to visit Brussels to defend Scotland`s EU place
- NATO, EU leaders pledge strong alliance to counter Brexit fallout
- EU leaders tell Britain to exit swiftly, market rout halts
- 'Beef smugglers' forced to eat cow dung in Faridabad