Licenses of 43 depot holders cancelled in Haryana
Chandigarh: The Haryana Food and Supplies Department has cancelled licences of 43 depot holders on charges of committing various irregularities.
Security money amounting to over Rs 1.06 lakh of 33 dealers has also been forfeited, a spokesman of Haryana Food and Supplies Department said here.
Essential commodities were being provided to people through 9,331 fair price shops located in urban and rural areas, near industrial units and hostels of students, he said.
Out of the total fair price shops functioning in the state, 6,654 were located in rural areas and 2,677 in urban areas.
As many as 77 fair price shops were located near industrial units and 22 fair price shops were near schools or hostels, he added.
He said that village level committees of members of Panchayats and others were functioning in the state to effectively check functioning of the fair price shops and supervise the distribution of controlled commodities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!