Licenses of 43 depot holders cancelled in Haryana
Chandigarh: The Haryana Food and Supplies Department has cancelled licences of 43 depot holders on charges of committing various irregularities.
Security money amounting to over Rs 1.06 lakh of 33 dealers has also been forfeited, a spokesman of Haryana Food and Supplies Department said here.
Essential commodities were being provided to people through 9,331 fair price shops located in urban and rural areas, near industrial units and hostels of students, he said.
Out of the total fair price shops functioning in the state, 6,654 were located in rural areas and 2,677 in urban areas.
As many as 77 fair price shops were located near industrial units and 22 fair price shops were near schools or hostels, he added.
He said that village level committees of members of Panchayats and others were functioning in the state to effectively check functioning of the fair price shops and supervise the distribution of controlled commodities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Five nations pull out of SAARC Summit to express solidarity with India over Uri attack
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof