Lightning injures youth, kills 22 calves
Sonepat: At least 22 calves were killed and a youth sustained burn injuries when they were struck by lightning at a field in Dehesra village, 25 kms from here, police said today.
The incident occurred last evening when Raimaan (19), a resident of Rajasthan, had taken his cattle out for grazing, they said.
The victim was rushed to a private hospital in Delhi where his condition is stated to be out of danger.
Earlier in the day, Sonepat and its surrounding areas saw a heavy dust storm followed by thunder showers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah