Lightning injures youth, kills 22 calves
Sonepat: At least 22 calves were killed and a youth sustained burn injuries when they were struck by lightning at a field in Dehesra village, 25 kms from here, police said today.
The incident occurred last evening when Raimaan (19), a resident of Rajasthan, had taken his cattle out for grazing, they said.
The victim was rushed to a private hospital in Delhi where his condition is stated to be out of danger.
Earlier in the day, Sonepat and its surrounding areas saw a heavy dust storm followed by thunder showers.
- Delhi petrol pump staff allegedly dupe a guy and then say - "Our boss knows Kejriwal personally"
- This Carat keeps your phone battery healthy!
- Growth falls to 15-year low in Sub-Saharan Africa: IMF
- Four people dead, 2 wounded at an explosion in Tamil Nadu
- Not CM candidate, Rahul Gandhi to lead party across the country: Congress