Lightning injures youth, kills 22 calves
Sonepat: At least 22 calves were killed and a youth sustained burn injuries when they were struck by lightning at a field in Dehesra village, 25 kms from here, police said today.
The incident occurred last evening when Raimaan (19), a resident of Rajasthan, had taken his cattle out for grazing, they said.
The victim was rushed to a private hospital in Delhi where his condition is stated to be out of danger.
Earlier in the day, Sonepat and its surrounding areas saw a heavy dust storm followed by thunder showers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Tata Sons removes Cyrus Mistry as Chairman; Ratan Tata interim boss for 4 months
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire