Locals throw open expressway toll plaza during protest
Gurgaon: A toll plaza on the Gurgaon-Delhi Expressway at Kherki Daula was Wednesday forcibly thrown open by locals over their demands for a flyover and the repair and maintenance of ancillary roads in the area.
Villagers and residents under the banner of `Samaj Vikas Samiti` forcibly made the passage of vehicles through the toll plaza free for more than two hours in the morning today.
The protesters withdrew only after the CEO of the private concessionaire, Delhi Gurgaon Super Connectivity, Manoj Aggarwal, gave them a written undertaking that the firm would repair the service road stretch between Hero Honda Chowk to Kherki Daula within 30 days.
Villagers from Kherki Daula, Narsingpur, Khandsa and the surrounding areas also demanded immediate construction of a flyover at Hero Honda chowk and foot-over bridges on the stretch in question.
The protest saw police and civil administration officials led by SDM Satender Duhan and ACP Bir Singh rushing to the spot to pacify the agitators.
The protesters relented only after the assurance from Aggarwal, who also told them that he would try to speed up construction of foot-over bridges along the stretch across NH-8.
As to the demand for the flyover at Hero Honda Chowk, Aggarwal said that the decision in the matter lay with the Union Surface Transport Minister and the Haryana Chief Minister, adding that the issue is expected to be resolved soon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- LIVE: This is the first Prime Minister-like action by Narendra Modi, says Rahul Gandhi on surgical strikes
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’