Ludhiana-Delhi Shatabdi a boon for Haryana: Deepender Hooda
Chandigarh: Almost three months after it was announced, the Ludhiana-Delhi Shatabdi express on Tuesday made its first halt at Tohana town of Bhiwani district.
"The running of Shatabdi Express train between Delhi to Ludhiana has proved a boon for Haryana and its stoppage at Tohana is no less than a gift for the whole parliamentary constituency," Rohtak MP Deepender Singh Hooda today said.
Hooda, who was accompanied by Sirsa MP Ashok Tanwar, today reached Tohana by the train.
Both the MPs were given warm welcome by the party workers.
After Kurukshetra, Panipat, Ambala and Rohtak; Tohana has become the fifth town of Haryana where the Shatabdi Express train would have a regular but brief halt.
"The running of Shatabdi express on this route would be beneficial for the entire state," Hooda said.
Hooda said he was happy that he had reached Tohana by boarding the train.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?
- Govt blocks over 800 porn websites – complete list