Madina murders: Dalits start indefinite `dharna` at Rohtak
Rohtak: People belonging to Dalit community today sat on indefinite `dharna` at Ambedkar Chowk outside local Congress office here, protesting against the "police inaction" in the murder of two youths of their community.
Sudhir (10) and Vikram (22) were shot dead allegedly by some youths of "upper caste" in Madina village of Meham sub-division on March 30.
The district authorities did not allow the protesters to erect a tent on the `dharna` site saying that they don`t have permission for it.
The protesters are demanding immediate arrest of all those who have been booked in connection with the killings besides Rs 25 lakh compensation and a government job each to kin of the deceased.
They have also threatened that they would `gherao` the residences of UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh in Delhi on April 14 if their demands are not met by then.
Dalits from across the state will participate in this `gherao` to mount pressure on the union leaders, besides apprising them of the plight of SCs in Haryana, they said.
Top officials of district police and administrative authorities have tried to pacify the Dalits saying that sincere efforts are being made to nab the accused and they will be arrested soon.
However, the protesters are adamant on their demands.
"We have arrested five of the accused and simultaneous raids are being carried out to nab the others," a senior police official said.
Meanwhile, Sansaar Singh, father of Suudhir, said in a press release, "We cannot reside in the village till the accused are arrested. We are entirely scared as people of the upper caste are still threatening our kin of dire consequences."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'