Mahi aftermath: Hooda appeals people to safeguard
Rohtak: In the wake of the tragic death of a 4-year-old girl after falling into a 70-feet deep borewell in Manesar, Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda on Sunday said people should take responsibility of their children and inform the district authorities about open pits.
It is the moral responsibility of the state government, as well as of the people, to ensure that deep pit like borewell should not be left opened at any place, Hooda said.
"The people should inform the district authorities if they come to know about any such pit," Hooda said while interacting with media persons here.
People should also be conscious about safety of their children, said the chief minister.
In reply to a question about action against the guilty persons, Hooda said First Information Report has already been lodged against the person who got the borewell dug.
"The law will take its own course and the guilty will be punished," said Hooda.
In reply to another question, Hooda said the state government was leaving no stone unturned to create conducive atmosphere for educational, sports and industrial development in Haryana.
"The government`s efforts have started bearing results as not only reputed educational institutes are coming up here but also big business houses are setting up their industrial units here. Similarly, players of Haryana are bringing laurel for their state by performing outstandingly at international level," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?