Mahi aftermath: Hooda appeals people to safeguard
Rohtak: In the wake of the tragic death of a 4-year-old girl after falling into a 70-feet deep borewell in Manesar, Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda on Sunday said people should take responsibility of their children and inform the district authorities about open pits.
It is the moral responsibility of the state government, as well as of the people, to ensure that deep pit like borewell should not be left opened at any place, Hooda said.
"The people should inform the district authorities if they come to know about any such pit," Hooda said while interacting with media persons here.
People should also be conscious about safety of their children, said the chief minister.
In reply to a question about action against the guilty persons, Hooda said First Information Report has already been lodged against the person who got the borewell dug.
"The law will take its own course and the guilty will be punished," said Hooda.
In reply to another question, Hooda said the state government was leaving no stone unturned to create conducive atmosphere for educational, sports and industrial development in Haryana.
"The government`s efforts have started bearing results as not only reputed educational institutes are coming up here but also big business houses are setting up their industrial units here. Similarly, players of Haryana are bringing laurel for their state by performing outstandingly at international level," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'