Mahi aftermath: Hooda appeals people to safeguard
Rohtak: In the wake of the tragic death of a 4-year-old girl after falling into a 70-feet deep borewell in Manesar, Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda on Sunday said people should take responsibility of their children and inform the district authorities about open pits.
It is the moral responsibility of the state government, as well as of the people, to ensure that deep pit like borewell should not be left opened at any place, Hooda said.
"The people should inform the district authorities if they come to know about any such pit," Hooda said while interacting with media persons here.
People should also be conscious about safety of their children, said the chief minister.
In reply to a question about action against the guilty persons, Hooda said First Information Report has already been lodged against the person who got the borewell dug.
"The law will take its own course and the guilty will be punished," said Hooda.
In reply to another question, Hooda said the state government was leaving no stone unturned to create conducive atmosphere for educational, sports and industrial development in Haryana.
"The government`s efforts have started bearing results as not only reputed educational institutes are coming up here but also big business houses are setting up their industrial units here. Similarly, players of Haryana are bringing laurel for their state by performing outstandingly at international level," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi