Maid, husband arrested for kidnapping employer`s son in Haryana
Gurgaon: A 23-year-old domestic help and her husband were arrested on Tuesday for allegedly kidnapping her employer`s four-year-old son for ransom.
Pooja was employed at the house in Sector 48 here just 5 days ago through a consultant agency, Gurgaon Police Commissioner Alok Mittal told reporters.
This afternoon, Pooja called her husband Devi Lal at the employer`s house on some pretext, he said.
The couple then overcame the mother of the boy and tied her to a chair, looted all valuables that she was wearing and kidnapped her son before fleeing in the employer`s car.
However, the woman managed to untie herself following which the police were informed, Mittal said.
The car was traced to Palwal district in Haryana from where the the child was rescued and the duo taken into custody. The boy has been handed over to his parents.
Preliminary investigation has revealed that the accused kidnapped the child for demanding ransom from his businessman father, the police officer added.
A case has been registered in the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir