Man arrested for raping daughter-in-law
Jind: A man has been arrested for allegedly raping his daughter-in-law, a widow, in Badhodi willage of the district, police said on Saturday.
The 40-year-old woman lodged a complaint in Sadar police station yesterday, alleging that her father-in-law Ram Chandra had raped her on January 16, they said.
She told police that the accused, with whom she had been living ever since the death of her husband, entered into her room in the night and sexually assaulted her.
He also threatened the victim of dire consequences if she revealed the matter to anyone, police said.
The accused was arrested yesterday and was booked for rape.
Meanwhile in Safeendon area of the district, a minor girl alleged she was raped by a youth on January 18 when she had come to her sister`s place in Echran Kalan area.
The 15-year-old girl told police yesterday that the accused Sanjay, her sister`s neighbour, sneaked into her room late in the night and sexually assaulted her.
Sanjay was nabbed yesterday from a bus stop in Haat village during a search operation, police said, adding that a case of rape has been registered against the accused.
Both the accused were produced before a local court today, which sent them to judicial custody, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city