Man booked for rape, wrongful confinement
Ambala (Har): A man was booked today in Sohal village in the district for allegedly confining a woman for several months and raping her repeatedly during the period, police said.
According to a complaint filed by the victim, the woman had left her husband`s house owing to some differences with him on June 9 last year, police said.
Later, she was abducted by the bike-borne accused, identified as Vicky, on the pretext of offering her a lift and raped by him in an isolated place.
The agony of the woman continued when he took her to Jalandhar and Amritsar where she was repeatedly raped after being confined illegally by him in a house, they said.
However, she managed to escape from his clutches and reported the matter to police.
Further probes into the case are on, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter