Man booked for rape, wrongful confinement
Ambala (Har): A man was booked today in Sohal village in the district for allegedly confining a woman for several months and raping her repeatedly during the period, police said.
According to a complaint filed by the victim, the woman had left her husband`s house owing to some differences with him on June 9 last year, police said.
Later, she was abducted by the bike-borne accused, identified as Vicky, on the pretext of offering her a lift and raped by him in an isolated place.
The agony of the woman continued when he took her to Jalandhar and Amritsar where she was repeatedly raped after being confined illegally by him in a house, they said.
However, she managed to escape from his clutches and reported the matter to police.
Further probes into the case are on, they added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory