Man booked for rape, wrongful confinement
Ambala (Har): A man was booked today in Sohal village in the district for allegedly confining a woman for several months and raping her repeatedly during the period, police said.
According to a complaint filed by the victim, the woman had left her husband`s house owing to some differences with him on June 9 last year, police said.
Later, she was abducted by the bike-borne accused, identified as Vicky, on the pretext of offering her a lift and raped by him in an isolated place.
The agony of the woman continued when he took her to Jalandhar and Amritsar where she was repeatedly raped after being confined illegally by him in a house, they said.
However, she managed to escape from his clutches and reported the matter to police.
Further probes into the case are on, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state