Man booked for rape, wrongful confinement
Ambala (Har): A man was booked today in Sohal village in the district for allegedly confining a woman for several months and raping her repeatedly during the period, police said.
According to a complaint filed by the victim, the woman had left her husband`s house owing to some differences with him on June 9 last year, police said.
Later, she was abducted by the bike-borne accused, identified as Vicky, on the pretext of offering her a lift and raped by him in an isolated place.
The agony of the woman continued when he took her to Jalandhar and Amritsar where she was repeatedly raped after being confined illegally by him in a house, they said.
However, she managed to escape from his clutches and reported the matter to police.
Further probes into the case are on, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31