Man booked for rape, wrongful confinement
Ambala (Har): A man was booked today in Sohal village in the district for allegedly confining a woman for several months and raping her repeatedly during the period, police said.
According to a complaint filed by the victim, the woman had left her husband`s house owing to some differences with him on June 9 last year, police said.
Later, she was abducted by the bike-borne accused, identified as Vicky, on the pretext of offering her a lift and raped by him in an isolated place.
The agony of the woman continued when he took her to Jalandhar and Amritsar where she was repeatedly raped after being confined illegally by him in a house, they said.
However, she managed to escape from his clutches and reported the matter to police.
Further probes into the case are on, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Unstoppable Slam machine Novak Djokovic eyes fourth Wimbledon title
- AAP's protest march to 7 RCR: Detained Delhi Dy CM Sisodia, 52 MLAs released by police
- 'Time to focus on cyber threats to aviation sector in India'
- Alien or rock formation? UFO hunters claim extraterrestrial presence on Mars! - See pic
- Government plans new category visa to attract foreigners, boost trade