Man chops off Sikh`s beard, arrested
Ambala: A man has been arrested for attacking a Sikh youth and allegedly chopping off his beard following a scuffle over ice-cream in the Cantonment area here, police said on Monday.
The Sikh youth, Gurjeet Singh, who runs an ice-cream parlour in Palledar Mohalla, in his police complaint alleged that a customer came to his shop on Sunday night and asked for a cup of ice cream.
The customer, Aman, entered into an argument with Gurjeet over the quantity of the ice cream served and soon it took an ugly turn and he attacked him with a sharp weapon, police said.
Gurjeet, who received minor injuries in the attack, alleged that Aman had also cut his beard with the weapon.
Police arrested Aman and booked him for deliberate and malicious acts, intended to outrage religious feelings.
Meanwhile, Haryana SGPC and Akali Dal have condemned the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 19 killed in knife rampage at Japan care home; suspect surrenders
- Government auditor suspects companies rigged 1st e-auction of coal blocks in 2015
- FBI probes Democratic email hack, but is Russia to blame?
- Florida shooting: Three taken into custody, more suspects sought
- Dope test scandal: After wrestler Narsingh Yadav, shot putter Inderjeet Singh tests positive for banned substance