Man chops off Sikh`s beard, arrested
Ambala: A man has been arrested for attacking a Sikh youth and allegedly chopping off his beard following a scuffle over ice-cream in the Cantonment area here, police said on Monday.
The Sikh youth, Gurjeet Singh, who runs an ice-cream parlour in Palledar Mohalla, in his police complaint alleged that a customer came to his shop on Sunday night and asked for a cup of ice cream.
The customer, Aman, entered into an argument with Gurjeet over the quantity of the ice cream served and soon it took an ugly turn and he attacked him with a sharp weapon, police said.
Gurjeet, who received minor injuries in the attack, alleged that Aman had also cut his beard with the weapon.
Police arrested Aman and booked him for deliberate and malicious acts, intended to outrage religious feelings.
Meanwhile, Haryana SGPC and Akali Dal have condemned the incident.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai