Man chops off Sikh`s beard, arrested
Ambala: A man has been arrested for attacking a Sikh youth and allegedly chopping off his beard following a scuffle over ice-cream in the Cantonment area here, police said on Monday.
The Sikh youth, Gurjeet Singh, who runs an ice-cream parlour in Palledar Mohalla, in his police complaint alleged that a customer came to his shop on Sunday night and asked for a cup of ice cream.
The customer, Aman, entered into an argument with Gurjeet over the quantity of the ice cream served and soon it took an ugly turn and he attacked him with a sharp weapon, police said.
Gurjeet, who received minor injuries in the attack, alleged that Aman had also cut his beard with the weapon.
Police arrested Aman and booked him for deliberate and malicious acts, intended to outrage religious feelings.
Meanwhile, Haryana SGPC and Akali Dal have condemned the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Disruption of Parliament not acceptable, for God's sake, do your job: President Pranab Mukherjee to MPs
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!