Man gets 1-yr jail for power theft
Hisar: A Bhiwani resident has been convicted and sentenced to one year simple imprisonment and a fine of Rs 1,000 was also imposed on him by a local court here for power theft.
The sentence was awarded today by the court of Shashi Bala Chauhan, Additional Sessions Judge, Bhiwani, designated as special court under the Electricity Act.
The Judge convicted a Bhiwani resident Suresh Kumar for power theft on the complaint of the Dakshin Haryana Bijli Vitran Nigam.
DHBVN in its complaint had alleged that Kumar was caught stealing electricity from low tension power supply line with the help of 2.5 mm flexible wire from nearby pole through power plug of his house due to which the Nigam suffered a loss of Rs 1,14,188, including the compounding charges.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi