Man gets 1-yr jail for power theft
Hisar: A Bhiwani resident has been convicted and sentenced to one year simple imprisonment and a fine of Rs 1,000 was also imposed on him by a local court here for power theft.
The sentence was awarded today by the court of Shashi Bala Chauhan, Additional Sessions Judge, Bhiwani, designated as special court under the Electricity Act.
The Judge convicted a Bhiwani resident Suresh Kumar for power theft on the complaint of the Dakshin Haryana Bijli Vitran Nigam.
DHBVN in its complaint had alleged that Kumar was caught stealing electricity from low tension power supply line with the help of 2.5 mm flexible wire from nearby pole through power plug of his house due to which the Nigam suffered a loss of Rs 1,14,188, including the compounding charges.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air