Man gets 1-yr jail for power theft
Hisar: A Bhiwani resident has been convicted and sentenced to one year simple imprisonment and a fine of Rs 1,000 was also imposed on him by a local court here for power theft.
The sentence was awarded today by the court of Shashi Bala Chauhan, Additional Sessions Judge, Bhiwani, designated as special court under the Electricity Act.
The Judge convicted a Bhiwani resident Suresh Kumar for power theft on the complaint of the Dakshin Haryana Bijli Vitran Nigam.
DHBVN in its complaint had alleged that Kumar was caught stealing electricity from low tension power supply line with the help of 2.5 mm flexible wire from nearby pole through power plug of his house due to which the Nigam suffered a loss of Rs 1,14,188, including the compounding charges.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata