Man gets 1-yr jail for power theft
Hisar: A Bhiwani resident has been convicted and sentenced to one year simple imprisonment and a fine of Rs 1,000 was also imposed on him by a local court here for power theft.
The sentence was awarded today by the court of Shashi Bala Chauhan, Additional Sessions Judge, Bhiwani, designated as special court under the Electricity Act.
The Judge convicted a Bhiwani resident Suresh Kumar for power theft on the complaint of the Dakshin Haryana Bijli Vitran Nigam.
DHBVN in its complaint had alleged that Kumar was caught stealing electricity from low tension power supply line with the help of 2.5 mm flexible wire from nearby pole through power plug of his house due to which the Nigam suffered a loss of Rs 1,14,188, including the compounding charges.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- Volkswagen cuts 28,000 workers' hours over supply woes
- 1% TCS on cash buy not to apply on embassies, UN bodies, Govt depts
- Rio Olympics: Pele congratulates Brazil on football gold
- Handful of vested interests inciting trouble in Kashmir: J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti
- Performance issues led to my ouster as Flipkart CEO, says Sachin Bansal