Man held for molesting minor in Gurgaon
Gurgaon: A 25-year-old man was arrested here for allegedly molesting a minor girl, police said here Friday.
The accused was identified as Jairam Saini, a resident of Feroze Gandhi Colony. Saini worked at a bike manufacturing company.
"The accused was riding a bicycle when he came across the 11-year-old girl from Kadipur Thursday. The victim was walking to her house after purchasing bread from the market," Hansraj, station house officer of the sector 10-A police station said.
When the accused tried to molest the girl, she resisted and shouted for help. Passersby caught the man and informed the police, the officer said.
Saini was Friday presented in the court of Judicial Magistrate Mohinder Singh. He was sent to 14 days` judicial custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj