Man held for raping married woman in Gurgaon
Gurgaon: A man was arrested here Sunday on charges of raping a married woman on the pretext of marrying her, police said.
Bhagirath Mishra, the 28-year-old accused who hails from Uttarakhand, and the 24-year-old victim from West Bengal were living together in Wazirabad village near Sector 52 for the last six months.
The woman was married to another man but was living separately. She met the accused six months ago and started living with him, a police official told IANS.
The woman said in her police complaint that Mishra promised to marry her but was reluctant later.
Both the woman and the accused were working in a private hospital.
Mishra has been charged under section 376-D of the Indian Penal Code which relates to the accused being on the management or the staff of a hospital and, taking advantage of his official position, committing rape on a woman in the same hospital.
Mishra will be presented before a court Monday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- Yuvraj Singh trolls R Ashwin for photobombing his picture with Virat Kohli – See pic!