Man held for raping married woman in Gurgaon
Gurgaon: A man was arrested here Sunday on charges of raping a married woman on the pretext of marrying her, police said.
Bhagirath Mishra, the 28-year-old accused who hails from Uttarakhand, and the 24-year-old victim from West Bengal were living together in Wazirabad village near Sector 52 for the last six months.
The woman was married to another man but was living separately. She met the accused six months ago and started living with him, a police official told IANS.
The woman said in her police complaint that Mishra promised to marry her but was reluctant later.
Both the woman and the accused were working in a private hospital.
Mishra has been charged under section 376-D of the Indian Penal Code which relates to the accused being on the management or the staff of a hospital and, taking advantage of his official position, committing rape on a woman in the same hospital.
Mishra will be presented before a court Monday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state