Man held for raping married woman in Gurgaon
Gurgaon: A man was arrested here Sunday on charges of raping a married woman on the pretext of marrying her, police said.
Bhagirath Mishra, the 28-year-old accused who hails from Uttarakhand, and the 24-year-old victim from West Bengal were living together in Wazirabad village near Sector 52 for the last six months.
The woman was married to another man but was living separately. She met the accused six months ago and started living with him, a police official told IANS.
The woman said in her police complaint that Mishra promised to marry her but was reluctant later.
Both the woman and the accused were working in a private hospital.
Mishra has been charged under section 376-D of the Indian Penal Code which relates to the accused being on the management or the staff of a hospital and, taking advantage of his official position, committing rape on a woman in the same hospital.
Mishra will be presented before a court Monday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing