Man held for raping married woman in Gurgaon
Gurgaon: A man was arrested here Sunday on charges of raping a married woman on the pretext of marrying her, police said.
Bhagirath Mishra, the 28-year-old accused who hails from Uttarakhand, and the 24-year-old victim from West Bengal were living together in Wazirabad village near Sector 52 for the last six months.
The woman was married to another man but was living separately. She met the accused six months ago and started living with him, a police official told IANS.
The woman said in her police complaint that Mishra promised to marry her but was reluctant later.
Both the woman and the accused were working in a private hospital.
Mishra has been charged under section 376-D of the Indian Penal Code which relates to the accused being on the management or the staff of a hospital and, taking advantage of his official position, committing rape on a woman in the same hospital.
Mishra will be presented before a court Monday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?