Man held for raping married woman in Gurgaon
Gurgaon: A man was arrested here Sunday on charges of raping a married woman on the pretext of marrying her, police said.
Bhagirath Mishra, the 28-year-old accused who hails from Uttarakhand, and the 24-year-old victim from West Bengal were living together in Wazirabad village near Sector 52 for the last six months.
The woman was married to another man but was living separately. She met the accused six months ago and started living with him, a police official told IANS.
The woman said in her police complaint that Mishra promised to marry her but was reluctant later.
Both the woman and the accused were working in a private hospital.
Mishra has been charged under section 376-D of the Indian Penal Code which relates to the accused being on the management or the staff of a hospital and, taking advantage of his official position, committing rape on a woman in the same hospital.
Mishra will be presented before a court Monday.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed