Man kills 12-year-old sister in dishonour killing
Rohtak: In yet another case of dishonour killing, a youth killed his 12-year-old sister at Roorki village in this Haryana district for the sake of his family`s honour, police said on Saturday.
According to the police, the accused, Charan Singh, in his early 20s, worked here at a brick kiln. The girl, his sister who studied in Class five, was murdered on Wednesday night.
"We detained four people, including Charan, for questioning. During intense interrogation, he confessed his crime," said Ajmer Singh, investigation officer of the case.
"He said he was not happy as his sister used to talk to another youth at the same brick-kiln," Singh said.
The girl`s parents were living in an Uttar Pradesh village.
During the last few months, many cases of dishonour killings, including murders of young boys and girls, have rocked different parts of Haryana.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray