Man kills 12-year-old sister in dishonour killing
Rohtak: In yet another case of dishonour killing, a youth killed his 12-year-old sister at Roorki village in this Haryana district for the sake of his family`s honour, police said on Saturday.
According to the police, the accused, Charan Singh, in his early 20s, worked here at a brick kiln. The girl, his sister who studied in Class five, was murdered on Wednesday night.
"We detained four people, including Charan, for questioning. During intense interrogation, he confessed his crime," said Ajmer Singh, investigation officer of the case.
"He said he was not happy as his sister used to talk to another youth at the same brick-kiln," Singh said.
The girl`s parents were living in an Uttar Pradesh village.
During the last few months, many cases of dishonour killings, including murders of young boys and girls, have rocked different parts of Haryana.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi