Man kills self after watching MMS clip of daughter’s gangrape
Hisar: The minor Dalit girl, who was allegedly gang-raped in Dabra village of Hisar, on Thursday, claimed that her father had committed suicide after a villager showed him the MMS clip in which the brutal act was recorded.
One of the rapists shot the whole incident on his cellphone and had deleted it before his arrest, police said.
Now the police have sent the mobile phones of accused to Madhuban laboratory for recovering the MMS.
The victim of the September 9 rape incident said "so far the police have not got the personal verification of accused from her in the identification parade."
Only one boy was shown to her who was not involved in the incident was later discharged by the police, she claimed today.
Krishan, father of the rape victim met the elders of the village to complain the matter to police but the accused threatened him to make the MMS public if he proceeded.
The girl told the police today that her father was shown the clip and later he committed suicide.
All the nine accused are in jail now.
The girl was raped on September 9 and her father committed suicide on September 18 when he came to know about the rape after seeing the clipping of gang rape.
Meanwhile, AS Chawla, Inspector General of Police, Hisar Range, Hisar said today that during the year up to September 30, a total of 114 cases of rape have been registered as against 120 cases registered last year during the same period.
Out of these 114 cases, 19 cases were of gang rape.
The cases were registered in the Range that comprises Hisar, Bhiwani, Sirsa and Jind districts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter