Man kills wife, 2 minor sons; sets them afire inside a box
Sirsa (Har): In a gory incident, a property dealer allegedly killed his wife and two minor sons and stuffed them into a wooden box before setting it on fire in Dhani Natar village of the district.
On Wednesday, when villagers saw smoke billowing out of Malkit Singh`s house they went inside and saw that three rooms were totally charred and also found occupants missing.
They informed the police, which, after reaching the house, came across a box in which three half burnt bodies were discovered.
The charred bodies of Amarjeet Kaur, wife of Malkit, and their two children six-month-old Sahajpal and 18-month-old Navdeep were stuffed inside the big wooden box, a senior police official said.
Malkit, a property dealer by profession, is the key suspect in this case as he had a strained relation with his wife due to his alleged "extra-marital affair", police said.
"This affair was open in the public domain. Attempts of panchayat had earlier failed to bring Malkit back to track. The matter, according to the family members of Amarjeet Kaur and other villagers was a source to continued family discord and they suspect that it was due to this alleged affair that the accused committed this heinous crime," a police official said.
According to Kaur`s brother Randhir Singh, a resident of Abholi village, Malkit`s father Bhajan Singh, his brother Bhola and a woman with whom the Malkit had alleged relations, were involved in the crime, police said.
Police have booked the four on Randhir`s complaint.
They said they were also investigating whether the three could have been burnt alive.
Superintendent of Police Devender Yadav visited the spot today and told reporters that police parties have been dispatched to possible hideouts to trace the accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Two ISIS operatives, planning to target religious places, arrested by Gujarat ATS