Man sentenced to life for raping and murdering minor girl
Rewari: A court here on Monday awarded life imprisonment to a man for raping and murdering a minor girl.
Rewari District and Sessions judge Jagdeep Jain sentenced Pradeep to imprisonment for life. The court on April 21 held him guilty of raping and then strangling to death a 5-year-old girl of Thathetra Colony here on February 4.
The verdict has been pronounced by the sessions court in a time of less than three months.
The judge also sentenced Pradeep`s brother Kuldeep and Kuldeep`s associate Manish to imprisonment for four months, holding them guilty of concealing the truth from police.
According to the prosecution, both Pradeep and Kuldeep, residents of Uttarakhand, were employed in the electricity board and lived in the Board`s colony in the vicinity of Thathetra Colony on the Rewari-Pataudi road here.
The girl was picked up from Thathetra Colony, taken to a nearby field where she was raped by Pradeep who subsequently strangled her to death on February 4.
Pradeep`s brother Kuldeep and his associate Manish, who were familiar with the monstrous misdeed, continued to conceal it from the police.
The girl`s body was recovered from there the next day by the police which registered a case of rape and murder and subsequently arrested the accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Mauritius to remain major FDI source till March 2019: Experts
- Abhinav Bindra to head NRAI review committee on Rio debacle
- Now, WhatsApp to share your phone number with Facebook
- SHOCKING: Man performing stunt on high tension wire at Mumbai's Mira road station – Watch
- Bank of Baroda's total business takes Rs 90,000-crore hit in 2015-16