Man sentenced to life for raping and murdering minor girl
Rewari: A court here on Monday awarded life imprisonment to a man for raping and murdering a minor girl.
Rewari District and Sessions judge Jagdeep Jain sentenced Pradeep to imprisonment for life. The court on April 21 held him guilty of raping and then strangling to death a 5-year-old girl of Thathetra Colony here on February 4.
The verdict has been pronounced by the sessions court in a time of less than three months.
The judge also sentenced Pradeep`s brother Kuldeep and Kuldeep`s associate Manish to imprisonment for four months, holding them guilty of concealing the truth from police.
According to the prosecution, both Pradeep and Kuldeep, residents of Uttarakhand, were employed in the electricity board and lived in the Board`s colony in the vicinity of Thathetra Colony on the Rewari-Pataudi road here.
The girl was picked up from Thathetra Colony, taken to a nearby field where she was raped by Pradeep who subsequently strangled her to death on February 4.
Pradeep`s brother Kuldeep and his associate Manish, who were familiar with the monstrous misdeed, continued to conceal it from the police.
The girl`s body was recovered from there the next day by the police which registered a case of rape and murder and subsequently arrested the accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon