Man shot dead after tiff over song played at high volume in Haryana
Kaithal: A man was shot dead in Khurda village here by some people who took objection to the songs being played at high volume by a marriage procession he was part of.
Five others were also injured in the incident, which has led to tension in the village. The kin of the victim are sitting on a dharna demanding immediate arrest of the culprits, police said.
The victim was identified as Karam Singh, an employee with the agriculture department.
The incident took place on Saturday night when the marriage procession was being taken out. When it reached near Kashyap Samaj choupal, some persons present there allegedly objected to the high volume of songs being played.
One person, who was part of the procession tried to pacify those who were objecting, but he was allegedly stabbed in the stomach and injured. Some others also sustained injuries as altercation broke out between the two groups.
In between, someone in the crowd fired a shot that hit Karam Singh leading to his death, they said.
Inspector General of Police, Karnal Range, Balbir Singh visited Civil Hospital Kaithal today and promised the villagers and members of the Kashyap Samaj to allow the cremation of the body and assured of taking immediate action against the culprits.
Heavy police has been deployed in village Khurda to help maintain law and order.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble