Man torches son-in-law to death in Bhattu in Haryana
Fatehabad: A man torched his son in-law to death after sprinkling kerosene on him in Bhattu Kalan village, police said on Wednesday.
According to DSP Nripjeet Singh, the differences between the victim Sunil, a resident of village Bhattu Kalan of Fatehabad and his father-in-law Jagdish of Ninan village escalated to the extent that the latter along with some relatives tried to take away his daughter Rani forcibly.
When Sunil, his father Mahendar and brother Mukesh resisted them, the accused sprinkled kerosene oil on Sunil and torched him.
Mahendar and Mukesh were also suffered burn injuries when they tried to douse the fire.
While the victim succumbed to the burn injuries in local hospital at Bhattu, Mahendar and Mukesh were later shifted to Fatehabad hospital.
On the basis of Mahendar`s statement, recorded by chief judicial magistrate, the police have registered a case under various sections of the IPC against Jagdish, Hanuman and another unidentified accused.
Police also recovered the kerosene container, a cellphone belonging to the deceased and a bed from the spot. No arrests were made so far, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Gurdaspur terror attack: Blow-by-blow account