Man torches son-in-law to death in Bhattu in Haryana
Fatehabad: A man torched his son in-law to death after sprinkling kerosene on him in Bhattu Kalan village, police said on Wednesday.
According to DSP Nripjeet Singh, the differences between the victim Sunil, a resident of village Bhattu Kalan of Fatehabad and his father-in-law Jagdish of Ninan village escalated to the extent that the latter along with some relatives tried to take away his daughter Rani forcibly.
When Sunil, his father Mahendar and brother Mukesh resisted them, the accused sprinkled kerosene oil on Sunil and torched him.
Mahendar and Mukesh were also suffered burn injuries when they tried to douse the fire.
While the victim succumbed to the burn injuries in local hospital at Bhattu, Mahendar and Mukesh were later shifted to Fatehabad hospital.
On the basis of Mahendar`s statement, recorded by chief judicial magistrate, the police have registered a case under various sections of the IPC against Jagdish, Hanuman and another unidentified accused.
Police also recovered the kerosene container, a cellphone belonging to the deceased and a bed from the spot. No arrests were made so far, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Shocking ISIS video: English-speaking 10-year-old boy beheads hostage, warns America