Man torches son-in-law to death in Bhattu in Haryana
Fatehabad: A man torched his son in-law to death after sprinkling kerosene on him in Bhattu Kalan village, police said on Wednesday.
According to DSP Nripjeet Singh, the differences between the victim Sunil, a resident of village Bhattu Kalan of Fatehabad and his father-in-law Jagdish of Ninan village escalated to the extent that the latter along with some relatives tried to take away his daughter Rani forcibly.
When Sunil, his father Mahendar and brother Mukesh resisted them, the accused sprinkled kerosene oil on Sunil and torched him.
Mahendar and Mukesh were also suffered burn injuries when they tried to douse the fire.
While the victim succumbed to the burn injuries in local hospital at Bhattu, Mahendar and Mukesh were later shifted to Fatehabad hospital.
On the basis of Mahendar`s statement, recorded by chief judicial magistrate, the police have registered a case under various sections of the IPC against Jagdish, Hanuman and another unidentified accused.
Police also recovered the kerosene container, a cellphone belonging to the deceased and a bed from the spot. No arrests were made so far, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'