Man who dug Mahi`s death trap sent to jail
Gurgaon: Rohtash Tayal, who dug the borewell in Haryana into which four-year-old girl Mahi fell and died, was arrested and sent to judicial custody for 14 days, an official said Sunday.
Mahi slipped into the 70 feet deep and narrow borewell in Kasan village near Manesar while playing with her friends June 20 night.
The distraught father, Neeraj Upadhyay, was living with her wife, daughter Mahi and a younger son in a house owned by Tayal, a resident of New Delhi`s Najafgarh area.
Tayal had dug the borewell outside his gate where Mahi lived. After coming across rocky surface, he left it uncovered in the second week of June.
He was booked under sections 304 (part 2) and other sections of the Indian Penal Code, police said.
Mahi was trapped in the borewell for more than 86 hours and died June 24.
On Sunday, he was produced before Judicial Magistrate Sachin Yadav who sent him to jail for 14 days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing