Man who dug Mahi`s death trap sent to jail
Gurgaon: Rohtash Tayal, who dug the borewell in Haryana into which four-year-old girl Mahi fell and died, was arrested and sent to judicial custody for 14 days, an official said Sunday.
Mahi slipped into the 70 feet deep and narrow borewell in Kasan village near Manesar while playing with her friends June 20 night.
The distraught father, Neeraj Upadhyay, was living with her wife, daughter Mahi and a younger son in a house owned by Tayal, a resident of New Delhi`s Najafgarh area.
Tayal had dug the borewell outside his gate where Mahi lived. After coming across rocky surface, he left it uncovered in the second week of June.
He was booked under sections 304 (part 2) and other sections of the Indian Penal Code, police said.
Mahi was trapped in the borewell for more than 86 hours and died June 24.
On Sunday, he was produced before Judicial Magistrate Sachin Yadav who sent him to jail for 14 days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Watch: PM Modi addresses rally in Moradabad, UP - Part II
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what