Man who dug Mahi`s death trap sent to jail
Gurgaon: Rohtash Tayal, who dug the borewell in Haryana into which four-year-old girl Mahi fell and died, was arrested and sent to judicial custody for 14 days, an official said Sunday.
Mahi slipped into the 70 feet deep and narrow borewell in Kasan village near Manesar while playing with her friends June 20 night.
The distraught father, Neeraj Upadhyay, was living with her wife, daughter Mahi and a younger son in a house owned by Tayal, a resident of New Delhi`s Najafgarh area.
Tayal had dug the borewell outside his gate where Mahi lived. After coming across rocky surface, he left it uncovered in the second week of June.
He was booked under sections 304 (part 2) and other sections of the Indian Penal Code, police said.
Mahi was trapped in the borewell for more than 86 hours and died June 24.
On Sunday, he was produced before Judicial Magistrate Sachin Yadav who sent him to jail for 14 days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan