Man who made threat call to Khemka remanded to police custody
Chandigarh: The man who allegedly made a threat call to senior Haryana IAS officer Ashok Khemka, was on Saturday remanded to police custody for four days.
Panchkula DCP Parul Kush Jain told PTI that Umaid Singh was produced before a Panchkula court today.
"The court remanded him to four days police custody," she said.
Khemka, who stirred a political storm by alleging irregularities in the Robert Vadra-DLF land deals, had yesterday said he had received two threat calls within a fortnight and accused the police of not taking any action.
Last evening, the Haryana police had arrested Singh from Gurgaon for allegedly making a threat call to Khemka.
Singh was an employee of the Haryana Housing Board and was dismissed from service by Khemka in 2006 when he was administrator of the board, according to the DCP.
Police had earlier registered an FIR under sections 506 (criminal intimidation) and 509 (act intended to insult the modesty of a woman) of the IPC against unknown persons in connection with the threat calls and also sought help of cyber experts to track the caller.
A fortnight back, the 1991-batch IAS officer`s friend and noted lawyer, Anupam Gupta, had said that Khemka had received threat calls from unknown people.
Khemka was transferred from Director General Consolidation of Land Holdings and Land Records-cum-Inspector General of Registration to his present posting in the state`s Seed Development Corporation shortly after he initiated probe into land dealings between Vadra and realty giant DLF.
A report submitted by four deputy commissioners in Haryana have given a "clean chit" to Vadra over his land deals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- DNA: How India became world's largest arms importer
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Shiv Sena leads in 94 seats, BJP ahead in 56; counting underway
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Results 2017 LIVE: Mumbai Congress chief Sanjay Nirupam offers resignation; Shiv Sena ahead in BMC polls
- Thane Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Counting underway; Shiv Sena leads the race