Married woman alleges rape by Haryana policeman
Faridabad: A woman was repeatedly raped for one and a half years allegedly by a Haryana policeman who also forcibly married her in New Delhi a few days back, police said on Tuesday.
According to a complaint filed by the woman, Haryana policeman Satish used to frequently visit her at her mother`s tea shop in sector 15 here.
The woman was staying with her mother after some dispute with her husband, police said, adding,
Satish told the woman he would marry her if she divorces her husband, following which the woman filed for divorce in a court.
Satish allegedly raped the woman on the pretext of marriage following which he got her pregnant twice and also made her terminate the pregnancy by giving abortion pills against her will, the woman alleged.
Recently Satish took her to a temple in New Delhi and married her forcibly, police said, adding, he later refused to stay with her.
The police has registered a case under section 376 (rape) of the Indian Penal Code against Satish and the investigation into it is on.
Meanwhile, a property dealer here has been missing since two days, following which the police has registered a case against unidentified persons in this connection.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday