MBA graduate held for kidnapping Gurgaon siblings
Gurgaon: An MBA graduate was arrested for kidnapping two siblings in Gurgaon, a suburb of the national capital, Tuesday. The kids, who were abducted early morning, were rescued safely.
The Gurgaon police said the accused was going through a financial crisis and hatched the conspiracy with six others to make quick money. The police are now looking for his accomplices, who managed to escape.
"We have arrested Sachin Bhardwaj and recovered the car used in the crime. The others involved in kidnapping have been identified and will be arrested soon. Our priority was to rescue the two kids, which we managed to do," SS Deswal, Gurgaon police commissioner, told reporters.
The two children study at the Lancer International School and were on their way to school when they were kidnapped.
"At 7:45, we left the sector 52 house in an Ambassador car. The kids - Karishna, 6, and her eight-year-old brother Arush - were sitting at the back seat of the car with their mother," said Jaspal Singh, who was driving the family`s Ambassador car.
"Some 500 metres away, a Swift car overtook our car and (its occupants) forcefully pushed me out of the car. They then drove away the car with the kids," Jaspal said. He added that he called the police, who started tracing and then chasing the car.
"The chase continued for the next six hours as the kidnappers were changing the car. They dumped the lady at Bhondsi and took away the kids in an Optra car. We managed to trace the car at Kapashera border," Deswal added.
The children`s father Anshul Gupta is working as a director in an Australia-based multinational company and has been living in Gurgaon for the past 10 years.
The police said that Sachin was an employee of CitiBank. However, a statement issued by IPAN Hill and Knowlton that handles the bank`s PR, denied it was so.
"Sachin Bhardwaj is not and has never been an employee of CitiBank," the statement clarified.
Sachin had reportedly asked for Rs.one crore (Rs.10 million) ransom from the kidnapped children`s father, the Gurgaon Police Commissioner said.
"They had done the recce on Monday to know the route and timings the kids follow. They were planning for this for the past two weeks," Deswal said about the kidnappers.
A case has been registered at the Sushant Lok police station and investigations are now on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing