Middle aged doctor raped by medico in Haryana
Rewari (Haryana): A 45-year-old doctor was raped allegedly by her old acquaintance, also a medico, at her residence at Dahina village in this district.
On the victim`s complaint, Khol police today registered a case of rape against the accused Dr Ranbir Singh.
The medical examination of the victim was conducted at the local civil hospital as well, police said.
The doctor, who is a widow, and the accused had close familiarity with each other for the last 14 years.
While the lady doctor had been running a private clinic at Dahina for the past seven years, Singh was also into private practice at Boodhi Bawal village in Rajasthan.
He visited the lady doctor yesterday when he came to know that she was indisposed and allegedly administered a sedative before raping her in a state of semi-consciousness.
A search is on to trace the accused, who is absconding, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- UK warns of Brexit `shadow` on world economy
- 1st Test: Virat Kohli, R Ashwin shine as India thrash West Indies by innings and 92 runs
- Teenage friend of Munich gunman arrested: police
- 11 injured in blast in German city of Ansbach; suspected bomber killed in explosion
- Scoreboard: India vs West Indies, First Test