Middle aged doctor raped by medico in Haryana
Rewari (Haryana): A 45-year-old doctor was raped allegedly by her old acquaintance, also a medico, at her residence at Dahina village in this district.
On the victim`s complaint, Khol police today registered a case of rape against the accused Dr Ranbir Singh.
The medical examination of the victim was conducted at the local civil hospital as well, police said.
The doctor, who is a widow, and the accused had close familiarity with each other for the last 14 years.
While the lady doctor had been running a private clinic at Dahina for the past seven years, Singh was also into private practice at Boodhi Bawal village in Rajasthan.
He visited the lady doctor yesterday when he came to know that she was indisposed and allegedly administered a sedative before raping her in a state of semi-consciousness.
A search is on to trace the accused, who is absconding, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Foreigners should not wear skirts and roam alone at night: Tourism minister
- Mom-to-be Kareena Kapoor Khan spills glamour at Lakme Fashion Week 2016! – View pics
- Most Asian markets slump, Tokyo soars on US rate talk
- Italy rescues around 1,100 migrants in Mediterranean
- Usain Bolt was poor, eating beef helped him win nine medals in Olympics: BJP MP Udit Raj