Middle aged doctor raped by medico in Haryana
Rewari (Haryana): A 45-year-old doctor was raped allegedly by her old acquaintance, also a medico, at her residence at Dahina village in this district.
On the victim`s complaint, Khol police today registered a case of rape against the accused Dr Ranbir Singh.
The medical examination of the victim was conducted at the local civil hospital as well, police said.
The doctor, who is a widow, and the accused had close familiarity with each other for the last 14 years.
While the lady doctor had been running a private clinic at Dahina for the past seven years, Singh was also into private practice at Boodhi Bawal village in Rajasthan.
He visited the lady doctor yesterday when he came to know that she was indisposed and allegedly administered a sedative before raping her in a state of semi-consciousness.
A search is on to trace the accused, who is absconding, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok