Milk yielding cows to be insured: Hooda
Jind: In a bid to prevent smuggling and killing of cows, Haryana CM Bhupinder Singh Hooda Wednesday announced insurance for all milk yielding cows in cow shelters here.
Addressing the gathering at a function organised by `Haryana Goshala Sangh` at Dharoli here, Hooda said that the state government would pay the full premium of the insurance.
"The State Government would make all the necessary efforts with the cooperation of people to prevent the smuggling and killing of cows, " Hooda said.
He added that the police task forces would be constituted for this purpose in all the villages.
He said that earlier the electricity bills of the cow shelters were at commercial rate, but now the state government is charging them at residential rates.
Hooda urged people to come forward for the protection of stray cows and said that such cows should be taken to the cow shelters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested