Milk yielding cows to be insured: Hooda
Jind: In a bid to prevent smuggling and killing of cows, Haryana CM Bhupinder Singh Hooda Wednesday announced insurance for all milk yielding cows in cow shelters here.
Addressing the gathering at a function organised by `Haryana Goshala Sangh` at Dharoli here, Hooda said that the state government would pay the full premium of the insurance.
"The State Government would make all the necessary efforts with the cooperation of people to prevent the smuggling and killing of cows, " Hooda said.
He added that the police task forces would be constituted for this purpose in all the villages.
He said that earlier the electricity bills of the cow shelters were at commercial rate, but now the state government is charging them at residential rates.
Hooda urged people to come forward for the protection of stray cows and said that such cows should be taken to the cow shelters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Smoking hot! Deepika Padukone's first look in 'xXx' with Vin Diesel creates storm!
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind