Milk yielding cows to be insured: Hooda
Jind: In a bid to prevent smuggling and killing of cows, Haryana CM Bhupinder Singh Hooda Wednesday announced insurance for all milk yielding cows in cow shelters here.
Addressing the gathering at a function organised by `Haryana Goshala Sangh` at Dharoli here, Hooda said that the state government would pay the full premium of the insurance.
"The State Government would make all the necessary efforts with the cooperation of people to prevent the smuggling and killing of cows, " Hooda said.
He added that the police task forces would be constituted for this purpose in all the villages.
He said that earlier the electricity bills of the cow shelters were at commercial rate, but now the state government is charging them at residential rates.
Hooda urged people to come forward for the protection of stray cows and said that such cows should be taken to the cow shelters.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!