Milk yielding cows to be insured: Hooda
Jind: In a bid to prevent smuggling and killing of cows, Haryana CM Bhupinder Singh Hooda Wednesday announced insurance for all milk yielding cows in cow shelters here.
Addressing the gathering at a function organised by `Haryana Goshala Sangh` at Dharoli here, Hooda said that the state government would pay the full premium of the insurance.
"The State Government would make all the necessary efforts with the cooperation of people to prevent the smuggling and killing of cows, " Hooda said.
He added that the police task forces would be constituted for this purpose in all the villages.
He said that earlier the electricity bills of the cow shelters were at commercial rate, but now the state government is charging them at residential rates.
Hooda urged people to come forward for the protection of stray cows and said that such cows should be taken to the cow shelters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire