Milk yielding cows to be insured: Hooda
Jind: In a bid to prevent smuggling and killing of cows, Haryana CM Bhupinder Singh Hooda Wednesday announced insurance for all milk yielding cows in cow shelters here.
Addressing the gathering at a function organised by `Haryana Goshala Sangh` at Dharoli here, Hooda said that the state government would pay the full premium of the insurance.
"The State Government would make all the necessary efforts with the cooperation of people to prevent the smuggling and killing of cows, " Hooda said.
He added that the police task forces would be constituted for this purpose in all the villages.
He said that earlier the electricity bills of the cow shelters were at commercial rate, but now the state government is charging them at residential rates.
Hooda urged people to come forward for the protection of stray cows and said that such cows should be taken to the cow shelters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog