Minor alleges rape by 12 men in Haryana
Chandigarh: A teenaged girl from Karnal district in Haryana has alleged that she was raped by 12 men, police said Sunday. An accused known to her was arrested.
The 16-year-old victim, who belongs to Tarwari area, was rescued by railway police personnel from the Karnal railway station, where she had been dumped by one of her tormentors.
She underwent a medical examination, police said.
The girl told police that she was taken by a man, who was her friend and had promised to marry her. She alleged that later, 11 other men came and raped her Friday and Saturday.
Police officials in Karnal, 130 km from here, said that the main accused, who was a friend of the victim, had been arrested.
Police sources said that most of the other accused had also been detained.
Haryana has seen a spurt in rape cases, especially against minor and Dalit girls, since September this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH