Minor alleges rape by 12 men in Haryana
Chandigarh: A teenaged girl from Karnal district in Haryana has alleged that she was raped by 12 men, police said Sunday. An accused known to her was arrested.
The 16-year-old victim, who belongs to Tarwari area, was rescued by railway police personnel from the Karnal railway station, where she had been dumped by one of her tormentors.
She underwent a medical examination, police said.
The girl told police that she was taken by a man, who was her friend and had promised to marry her. She alleged that later, 11 other men came and raped her Friday and Saturday.
Police officials in Karnal, 130 km from here, said that the main accused, who was a friend of the victim, had been arrested.
Police sources said that most of the other accused had also been detained.
Haryana has seen a spurt in rape cases, especially against minor and Dalit girls, since September this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Canada reaffirms support for India's NSG membership bid
- His LS constituency flooded, PM Modi deputes MP for help
- Cricket reforms: BCCI submits Compliance Report to Supreme Court-appointed Justice RM Lodha panel
- Hours-long attack on Kabul American university kills sixteen
- Day/Night Duleep Trophy: Kuldeep's Yadav guile puts India Red in driver's seat