Minor alleges rape by 12 men in Haryana
Chandigarh: A teenaged girl from Karnal district in Haryana has alleged that she was raped by 12 men, police said Sunday. An accused known to her was arrested.
The 16-year-old victim, who belongs to Tarwari area, was rescued by railway police personnel from the Karnal railway station, where she had been dumped by one of her tormentors.
She underwent a medical examination, police said.
The girl told police that she was taken by a man, who was her friend and had promised to marry her. She alleged that later, 11 other men came and raped her Friday and Saturday.
Police officials in Karnal, 130 km from here, said that the main accused, who was a friend of the victim, had been arrested.
Police sources said that most of the other accused had also been detained.
Haryana has seen a spurt in rape cases, especially against minor and Dalit girls, since September this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?