Minor boy booked for abducting toddler in Rohtak
Rohtak: An 11-year-old school boy was on Saturday booked on charges of kidnapping a toddler and demanding Rs three lakh as ransom from his father, police said.
The accused, who is the neighbour of the rescued two and a half-year-old boy, was today produced before a juvenile court which sent him to Bal Sudhaar Ghar in Hisar.
According to Shivaji Colony police, the accused collected the toddler from his play-school stating that his parent had sent him there to bring him back home.
The accused then took the toddler with him to a secluded place and made a ransom call to the victim`s father, who works as an accountant in a private finance company here, demanding Rs three lakhs for releasing him.
The man immediately informed the police, which constituted four teams to locate the abductor.
Police apprehended the accused near local grain market on the basis of his mobile phone location and the
kidnapped toddler was also safely reunited with his family. SHO of the Shivaji Colony Police Station refused to divulge any information in this regard when contacted to get police version.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families? - Part II
- DNA: Who are the sponsors and co-sponsors of terrorism in India?
- DNA: Who are the sponsors and co-sponsors of terrorism in India? Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the mystery of missing IAF aircraft AN-32
- Dalit couple axed to death for Rs 15
- India expects ''no issue'' over Chinese scribes'' visa row
- Sushma Swaraj to lead Indian delegation at Mother Teresa's canonisation
- SC to examine whether top officials of CM can sign files on his behalf
- Real Madrid eye Moussa Sissoko as plan B if Paul Pogba pursuit fails: Reports