Minor boy booked for abducting toddler in Rohtak
Rohtak: An 11-year-old school boy was on Saturday booked on charges of kidnapping a toddler and demanding Rs three lakh as ransom from his father, police said.
The accused, who is the neighbour of the rescued two and a half-year-old boy, was today produced before a juvenile court which sent him to Bal Sudhaar Ghar in Hisar.
According to Shivaji Colony police, the accused collected the toddler from his play-school stating that his parent had sent him there to bring him back home.
The accused then took the toddler with him to a secluded place and made a ransom call to the victim`s father, who works as an accountant in a private finance company here, demanding Rs three lakhs for releasing him.
The man immediately informed the police, which constituted four teams to locate the abductor.
Police apprehended the accused near local grain market on the basis of his mobile phone location and the
kidnapped toddler was also safely reunited with his family. SHO of the Shivaji Colony Police Station refused to divulge any information in this regard when contacted to get police version.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’