Minor girl falls in borewell in Manesar; rescue efforts on
Gurgaon: A four-year-old girl fell into a borewell in Kho village near Manesar while playing last night, leading to frantic efforts to rescue her from the 70-feet-deep borewell on Thursday.
"Mahi was celebrating her fourth birthday and was playing with children outside the home near the borewell when she suddenly fell into it," her father Neeraj said, adding that the incident took place at 11 PM last night.
Army and Rapid Metro personnel are drilling a parallel pit to the borewell where the child has fallen.
Nearby residents have also been asked to vacate their houses as a precautionary measure while the rescue operation continues.
Chief Medical Officer Praveen Garg said oxygen is being pumped in the borewell to help the child
A camera was lowered into the borewell to find out the condition of the child, but it did not provide any significant detail.
The child`s father claimed that as soon as his daughter fell in the borewell, he called up the police but they arrived one-and-a-half hour late.
For two hours the child kept crying inside the borewell, asking for help but now she is not responding to any calls, he said.
Meanwhile, Gurgaon`s district magistrate P C Meena has ordered a judicial enquiry to be carried out by Additional Deputy Commissioner to probe into the digging of an illegal borewell.
An FIR under various sections of IPC has been registered against local resident Rotash Tayal, who illegally dug the borewell.
- Seven of marriage party electrocuted in Telangana
- IS-linked cell in Morocco planned attack in Brussels
- NDRF says ‘fire out in 70% of affected areas’, Centre sends team to probe Uttarakhand forest fires
- Major shift in Modi govt’s stand on Hurriyat leaders as VK Singh says ‘they are citizens of India’?
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan legal spat: Sona Mohapatra slams Adhyayan Suman - Here's why