Minor girl raped in Faridabad
Faridabad: A 6-year-old girl was allegedly raped by her neighbour in Jeevan nagar area of the district, police said on Friday.
According to the police, the accused Sohanpal lured the minor, a resident of Gaunchi area in Jeevan nagar and allegedly raped her.
Further investigations are on to nab the accused, they said.
In another incident, a married woman has accused her husband and brother-in law of raping her and demanding dowry from her family.
A case has been registered against the woman`s husband Ravi Verma and his elder brother Arun Verma for alleged rape, demanding dowry and issuing death threats to the victim.
As per the complaint of the victim, a resident of Sector 23 in Faridabad, Ravi lured her into marrying him, following which they started living with his family.
One night, when the victim was sleeping in her room, her brother-in law Arun forcefully entered her room and allegedly raped her, the complainant said.
Upon hearing her screams, her father-in law Kishan Verma and mother-in law Mansi Verma locked the door from outside and after the incident they repeatedly troubled her family by demanding Rs 5 lakh as dowry, police said.
According to the police, the victim fled from the house and took refuge in a nearby ashram and informed her parents about the incident.
Her parents complained to the police, following which both brothers Ravi and Arun made threat calls to the victim and her family.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Boon for SC/ST candidates? Birth, caste certificates likely to be merged