Minor girl raped in Faridabad
Faridabad: A 6-year-old girl was allegedly raped by her neighbour in Jeevan nagar area of the district, police said on Friday.
According to the police, the accused Sohanpal lured the minor, a resident of Gaunchi area in Jeevan nagar and allegedly raped her.
Further investigations are on to nab the accused, they said.
In another incident, a married woman has accused her husband and brother-in law of raping her and demanding dowry from her family.
A case has been registered against the woman`s husband Ravi Verma and his elder brother Arun Verma for alleged rape, demanding dowry and issuing death threats to the victim.
As per the complaint of the victim, a resident of Sector 23 in Faridabad, Ravi lured her into marrying him, following which they started living with his family.
One night, when the victim was sleeping in her room, her brother-in law Arun forcefully entered her room and allegedly raped her, the complainant said.
Upon hearing her screams, her father-in law Kishan Verma and mother-in law Mansi Verma locked the door from outside and after the incident they repeatedly troubled her family by demanding Rs 5 lakh as dowry, police said.
According to the police, the victim fled from the house and took refuge in a nearby ashram and informed her parents about the incident.
Her parents complained to the police, following which both brothers Ravi and Arun made threat calls to the victim and her family.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details