Minor raped in Haryana
Rewari (Haryana): An 8-year-old girl was allegedly raped by a middle-aged man at Dhani Mehaniawas village, 7 km from Dharuhera, police said on Friday.
The culprit, who was working as a mason, took the girl to a field yesterday to commit the crime and was overpowered by some women when he tried to flee, they said.
He was handed over to the police while the girl was medically examined following which a case of rape was registered.
The state has witnessed around 20 cases of rape in the past one month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?