Minor raped, murdered in Gurgaon
Gurgaon: A 11-year-old girl was Monday found murdered here after being raped, police said.
The half-naked body of victim was found in bushes in a vacant plot in Sector 27.
The victim`s family has been living near Sector 27 for over 10 years.
"The parents of the victim are washermen. She used to collect and deliver clothes after ironing them. She was last seen Sunday around 8.30 p.m.," a relative of the victim told the police.
"There were injury marks on her private parts. Whether it was a gang-rape would be established only after the post-mortem," a police officer told IANS.
The plot, where the body was found, belongs to Haryana Urban Development Authority (HUDA).
"There is an illegal bus parking near the plot where the body was found. Drivers and cleaners of the buses usually drink liquor during the night," VK Khanna, a senior executive in a government organisation and a member of the Resident Welfare Association told IANS.
"We have complained several times to police as well as HUDA but there has been no action," he said.
There is a cooking gas (LPG) depot near the spot otherwise the area is deserted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan