Minor raped, murdered in Gurgaon
Gurgaon: A 11-year-old girl was Monday found murdered here after being raped, police said.
The half-naked body of victim was found in bushes in a vacant plot in Sector 27.
The victim`s family has been living near Sector 27 for over 10 years.
"The parents of the victim are washermen. She used to collect and deliver clothes after ironing them. She was last seen Sunday around 8.30 p.m.," a relative of the victim told the police.
"There were injury marks on her private parts. Whether it was a gang-rape would be established only after the post-mortem," a police officer told IANS.
The plot, where the body was found, belongs to Haryana Urban Development Authority (HUDA).
"There is an illegal bus parking near the plot where the body was found. Drivers and cleaners of the buses usually drink liquor during the night," VK Khanna, a senior executive in a government organisation and a member of the Resident Welfare Association told IANS.
"We have complained several times to police as well as HUDA but there has been no action," he said.
There is a cooking gas (LPG) depot near the spot otherwise the area is deserted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’