Minor raped, victim gives birth to stillborn in Haryana
Chandigarh: In an unending series of shocking incidents, a minor girl was raped in Punjab`s Moga district whereas a rape victim from Karnal in Haryana gave birth to a stillborn child before succumbing at a hospital.
The six-year-old girl from Singhpura Munnan village in Moga district was raped by one Soni Singh, Senior Superintendent of Police (Moga) SS Grewal said.
Singh took the victim to his place about 20 days back and raped her, Grewal said, adding that the accused had confessed to the crime of which police came to know only on Monday.
The accused had been arrested, the SSP said, adding that the medical examination of the girl confirmed rape. While the mother of the victim tried to suppress the matter, her father told police about the incident, he said.
Meanwhile, the 20-year-old woman from Karnal, who had accused her neighbour of raping her since June last year, died at a hospital at Rohtak on December 29 after delivering a still born child, police said.
The victim died after developing post delivery complications, police said. The DNA sample of the stillborn child will now be matched with the DNA of the accused.
The woman had approached police on October 3 and lodged a complaint against her neighbour. She had alleged that Pradeep had been visiting her residence in the absence of her father and established physical relations on the pretext of marriage, police said.
Pardeep has been arrested on charges of rape.
Punjab police has decided to constitute a specialised investigation teams to deal with sexual assaults on women, official sources said here.
The Sexual Assault Response Teams (SARTs) will comprise women in combat wing and men in the administrative roles.
The rape cases will be reported at the headquarters on the same day and women cops will record statements of victims, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok