Minor raped, victim gives birth to stillborn in Haryana
Chandigarh: In an unending series of shocking incidents, a minor girl was raped in Punjab`s Moga district whereas a rape victim from Karnal in Haryana gave birth to a stillborn child before succumbing at a hospital.
The six-year-old girl from Singhpura Munnan village in Moga district was raped by one Soni Singh, Senior Superintendent of Police (Moga) SS Grewal said.
Singh took the victim to his place about 20 days back and raped her, Grewal said, adding that the accused had confessed to the crime of which police came to know only on Monday.
The accused had been arrested, the SSP said, adding that the medical examination of the girl confirmed rape. While the mother of the victim tried to suppress the matter, her father told police about the incident, he said.
Meanwhile, the 20-year-old woman from Karnal, who had accused her neighbour of raping her since June last year, died at a hospital at Rohtak on December 29 after delivering a still born child, police said.
The victim died after developing post delivery complications, police said. The DNA sample of the stillborn child will now be matched with the DNA of the accused.
The woman had approached police on October 3 and lodged a complaint against her neighbour. She had alleged that Pradeep had been visiting her residence in the absence of her father and established physical relations on the pretext of marriage, police said.
Pardeep has been arrested on charges of rape.
Punjab police has decided to constitute a specialised investigation teams to deal with sexual assaults on women, official sources said here.
The Sexual Assault Response Teams (SARTs) will comprise women in combat wing and men in the administrative roles.
The rape cases will be reported at the headquarters on the same day and women cops will record statements of victims, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks