Mirchpur Dalits stage protest against arrest of Ved Pal Tanwar
Hisar: The Dalits of Mirchpur and Bhagana village today staged a protest against the arrest of Ved Pal Tanwar, President of All India Rajput Sanghrash Samiti.
A woman, who had come to meet her parents in Tanwar Farm here died after a snake bite. Her husband alleged that Tanwar did not take her to hospital for proper treatment and resorted to `desi` treatment of quacks which resulted into her death.
Tanwar was arrested yesterday following the complaint.
The Dalits of Mirchpur and Bhagana led by Virendar Bagoriya, president, Haryana Kumhar Mahasabha, today staged demonstration against the arrest and demanded immediate release of Tanwar.
Bagoriya said, "Tanwar has given shelter to poor Dalits at his farm and providing them all essential commodities. He tried his best to save the girl and he is not at fault. The girl died in the lap of her father, in the presence of her family members. The Government had done great injustice to Tanwar by arresting him and sending him to jail. Is it a sin to help the poor and dalits?"
Tanwar, while talking to newsmen, urged the government to allot separate land to the Dalits of Mirchpur so that they shift there and build their own houses.
The Dalit families of Mirchpur are facing vagaries of nature under the open sky in his farm and yesterday Suman fell victim to snake`s bite.
On April 2010, a 70-year-old Dalit Tarachand and his physically-challenged teen-aged daughter Suman at Haryana`s Mirchpur village were burnt to death allegedly by upper caste men.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan