Mirchpur dharna continues to disrupt rail services
New Delhi: Eight trains were diverted on Monday through alternative routes as the indefinite sit-in on railway tracks by Mirchpur villagers seeking a fresh probe into the killing of two dalits in April last year continued to disrupt railway traffic on Jind-Jakhal section of Delhi-Ferozepur route.
Trains like Guwahati Lalgarh Awadh Assam Express and Mumbai Central Firozpur Punjab Mail were diverted via Rohtak-Bhiwani Hissar Sirsa Bathinda route, while Delhi Pathankot Dhauladar Express, Chennai Jammu Tawi Andaman Express and
Nanded Sriganganagar Express were diverted via Delhi Ambala Panipat Ludhiana section, a Northern Railway spokesperson said.
He said Jind Kurukshetra Passenger on both the directions will remain cancelled tomorrow.
Some trains will run on diverted routes tomorrow, while a few others are likely to be short-terminated, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH