Mirchpur dharna continues to disrupt rail services
New Delhi: Eight trains were diverted on Monday through alternative routes as the indefinite sit-in on railway tracks by Mirchpur villagers seeking a fresh probe into the killing of two dalits in April last year continued to disrupt railway traffic on Jind-Jakhal section of Delhi-Ferozepur route.
Trains like Guwahati Lalgarh Awadh Assam Express and Mumbai Central Firozpur Punjab Mail were diverted via Rohtak-Bhiwani Hissar Sirsa Bathinda route, while Delhi Pathankot Dhauladar Express, Chennai Jammu Tawi Andaman Express and
Nanded Sriganganagar Express were diverted via Delhi Ambala Panipat Ludhiana section, a Northern Railway spokesperson said.
He said Jind Kurukshetra Passenger on both the directions will remain cancelled tomorrow.
Some trains will run on diverted routes tomorrow, while a few others are likely to be short-terminated, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Brexit: UK goes to polls in knife-edge EU referendum; over 46 million people to decide Britain's fate
- 'US will continue to expand defense systems to protect South Korea, regional allies from North Korean missiles'
- Bandits kill 31 bush taxi passengers in Madagascar
- North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un hails successful test of new missile, says it can strike US Pacific bases
- LIC chairman S K Roy resigns two years before his term ends