Missing from Haryana, woman found dead in Punjab
Panchkula: A 25-year-old woman who had disappeared from this town under mysterious circumstances has been found dead in Jalandhar district of Punjab, around 150 km from here, police said on Wednesday.
According to police, the deceased was identified as Simran Kundra, who had been residing in a rented accommodation in Sector 15 for a year.
Police said she hailed from Punjab`s Amritsar city and was pursuing a fashion designing course from a leading institute in Chandigarh. She had got divorced from her husband Karan Mehra last month and was living alone.
Her car was found abandoned in Sector 16 here on May 1. Following this, police registered a missing case on the complaint of Simran`s father, who resides in Amritsar.
"We scrutinized the call details of Simran and found that she was in constant touch with her old friend Tanmay on May 1, the day when she disappeared. We sent a special team to Amritsar to raid Tanmay`s house but did not find him there," Aman Kumar, the investigation officer, said.
"However, we found her body from the fields near Jalandhar-Amritsar national highway yesterday. On the basis of the complaint of the deceased`s father, we have registered a case of murder and kidnapping against Tanmay and Karan (Simran`s husband). Both are absconding and we are conducting raids to nab them," he added.
Police said Tanmay and Karan are close friends.
Police had found the keys of Simran`s car inside the abandoned vehicle. Fingerprint experts and forensic scientists have scrutinised the vehicle to gather clues in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Anil Ambani's elder son Jai Anmol joins Reliance Capital board
- Gold price rises by Rs 150 to Rs 31,200 per 10 grams
- Eurozone business activity strong despite Brexit: Survey
- India does not play for rankings, says Virat Kohli
- US backs Amnesty over India sedition case, says it respects group's right to express freely