Missing Rohtak shelter house inmate found in Assam
Rohtak: A key witness in the Apna Ghar shelter home case, who had gone missing from a Gandhi Nagar shelter house here, was on Friday found in Assam by a district police team.
Munni (18), who was found missing from her room along with another inmate Pooja (20) on December 9, was traced from Kasaar district of Assam by the police, SP Vivek Sharma said.
The team first produced her before Kasaar`s district child welfare committee and is now on its way bringing her back to Rohtak, he said.
"Munni, during preliminary interrogation, has disclosed that she had gone out of the shelter house on her own as she wished to get married and live an independent life," Sharma said, adding that the CBI has been informed about the development.
Sharma said ten police teams had been conducting raids at various places in Delhi, UP, Bihar and Assam simultaneously for last ten days to locate her as she was one of the key witnesses in Apna Ghar case being probed by the CBI.
He said Munni has also given some "vital" information about Pooja, and expressed hope that she too will be "recovered" soon.
The two girls had gone missing from the shelter home on December 9.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?