Missing Rohtak shelter house inmate found in Assam
Rohtak: A key witness in the Apna Ghar shelter home case, who had gone missing from a Gandhi Nagar shelter house here, was on Friday found in Assam by a district police team.
Munni (18), who was found missing from her room along with another inmate Pooja (20) on December 9, was traced from Kasaar district of Assam by the police, SP Vivek Sharma said.
The team first produced her before Kasaar`s district child welfare committee and is now on its way bringing her back to Rohtak, he said.
"Munni, during preliminary interrogation, has disclosed that she had gone out of the shelter house on her own as she wished to get married and live an independent life," Sharma said, adding that the CBI has been informed about the development.
Sharma said ten police teams had been conducting raids at various places in Delhi, UP, Bihar and Assam simultaneously for last ten days to locate her as she was one of the key witnesses in Apna Ghar case being probed by the CBI.
He said Munni has also given some "vital" information about Pooja, and expressed hope that she too will be "recovered" soon.
The two girls had gone missing from the shelter home on December 9.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam