Missing Rohtak shelter house inmate found in Assam
Rohtak: A key witness in the Apna Ghar shelter home case, who had gone missing from a Gandhi Nagar shelter house here, was on Friday found in Assam by a district police team.
Munni (18), who was found missing from her room along with another inmate Pooja (20) on December 9, was traced from Kasaar district of Assam by the police, SP Vivek Sharma said.
The team first produced her before Kasaar`s district child welfare committee and is now on its way bringing her back to Rohtak, he said.
"Munni, during preliminary interrogation, has disclosed that she had gone out of the shelter house on her own as she wished to get married and live an independent life," Sharma said, adding that the CBI has been informed about the development.
Sharma said ten police teams had been conducting raids at various places in Delhi, UP, Bihar and Assam simultaneously for last ten days to locate her as she was one of the key witnesses in Apna Ghar case being probed by the CBI.
He said Munni has also given some "vital" information about Pooja, and expressed hope that she too will be "recovered" soon.
The two girls had gone missing from the shelter home on December 9.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!