Mobile phones to ICDS Circle Supervisors in Haryana
Chandigarh: Haryana Women and Child Development Department will provide mobile phones to Circle Supervisors to ensure effective implementation of Integrated Child Development Services (ICDS) Scheme in the state.
Director General of Women and Child Development, Sumita Misra, here on Sunday said the state government has sanctioned Rs 28.15 lakh during 2012-13 to provide a mobile phone worth Rs 1500 each and recurring charges of Rs 300 per month to each of the 552 working Circle Supervisors.
Misra said that the facilities of circle offices and mobile phones would accord dignity to the job of supervision and improve the information system under Supplementary Nutrition Programme and other services.
She also said that as per provisions of the ICDS manual, the Supervisors have to maintain their circle headquarters from where they can monitor and control the function of the Anganwadi Centres (AWC).
Each Supervisor has to look after 25 Anganwadi Centres a month and cover or monitor a population of about 20,000 comprising about ten villages.
Misra said that 148 ICDS projects, including 21 urban projects with the network of 5,699 Anganwadi Centres (AWC), were implemented.
Under this scheme, she said, services of supplementary nutrition, immunisation, health check up, referral services, non-formal pre-school education and health and nutrition education were provided to 11.46 lakh children below six years of age and 3.26 lakh pregnant and nursing mothers.
Misra said that a network of 858 circle offices would be set up to help the supervisors hold circle level meetings, maintain their attendance and movement register and other relevant record registers.
Besides, it would also ensure the presence of supervisor in the department and to the public, she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal