Mobile phones to ICDS Circle Supervisors in Haryana
Chandigarh: Haryana Women and Child Development Department will provide mobile phones to Circle Supervisors to ensure effective implementation of Integrated Child Development Services (ICDS) Scheme in the state.
Director General of Women and Child Development, Sumita Misra, here on Sunday said the state government has sanctioned Rs 28.15 lakh during 2012-13 to provide a mobile phone worth Rs 1500 each and recurring charges of Rs 300 per month to each of the 552 working Circle Supervisors.
Misra said that the facilities of circle offices and mobile phones would accord dignity to the job of supervision and improve the information system under Supplementary Nutrition Programme and other services.
She also said that as per provisions of the ICDS manual, the Supervisors have to maintain their circle headquarters from where they can monitor and control the function of the Anganwadi Centres (AWC).
Each Supervisor has to look after 25 Anganwadi Centres a month and cover or monitor a population of about 20,000 comprising about ten villages.
Misra said that 148 ICDS projects, including 21 urban projects with the network of 5,699 Anganwadi Centres (AWC), were implemented.
Under this scheme, she said, services of supplementary nutrition, immunisation, health check up, referral services, non-formal pre-school education and health and nutrition education were provided to 11.46 lakh children below six years of age and 3.26 lakh pregnant and nursing mothers.
Misra said that a network of 858 circle offices would be set up to help the supervisors hold circle level meetings, maintain their attendance and movement register and other relevant record registers.
Besides, it would also ensure the presence of supervisor in the department and to the public, she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Special panel on India's NSG membership bid? We're not aware, says China
- Ruby Rai, Bihar Class 12 topper now under arrest for cheating, says she never wanted to top the exam
- Euro 2016: Iceland stun England in one of greatest ever shocks
- Three new suicide attacks in Lebanon village near Syria
- Preparing for Brexit, Britain may see new PM by early September