Mohan Lala Khattar announces fresh survey of 'dark zones' in Haryana

Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar on Monday announced a fresh survey of the areas in Haryana declared as 'dark zone', regions with depleting groundwater, to find out the exact underground water availability in the state.

PTI| Last Updated: Nov 24, 2014, 21:14 PM IST

Narnaul: Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar on Monday announced a fresh survey of the areas in Haryana declared as 'dark zone', regions with depleting groundwater, to find out the exact underground water availability in the state.

Khattar said lift system would be streamlined for optimum utilisation of available water and added that river issues with neighbouring states would also be taken up through dialogue.

Apart from this, efforts would also be made to remove any obstacle, if any, in the smooth flow of water coming from Rajasthan during the rainy season, he added.

Khattar said this while redressing grievances of the people here today. It was his first visit to the district after assuming charge as the Chief Minister, said an official release.

The CM said he was well aware of the problems of the area created due to its geographical location and somewhat due to the "approach of the previous governments" and assured that efforts would be made to resolve all problems.

Narnaul faces the problem of depleting groundwater.

The Chief Minister said from February, all types of social security pensions would be disbursed among beneficiaries through bank accounts.

About 80 per cent beneficiaries have bank accounts in the district and accounts of the rest 20 per cent should be opened. No one would face any trouble with this new system of pension disbursement, he said.

If anyone is incapable of visiting bank, he or she can submit affidavit of an authorised person who would be responsible for pension disbursement at his doorstep, he said.

The Chief Minister said total transparency and corruption-free administration would be ensured by his government.

The Chief Minister urged people to pay electricity bills on time.

Khattar said upcoming toll barrier projects would display "countdown clock" so that people would know the life of these projects.

The Chief Minister said though the government did not leave any stone unturned for the well-being of the employees, better results are not visible at the ground level.

Officials should consider themselves public servants rather than a ruler, he said.

Both methods of encouragement for good work as well as punishment for any wrongdoings would be adopted to improve the system, he said.