Molestation case: Ahlawat`s bail adjourned till June 16
Yamunagar (Haryana): A local court Monday
adjourned till June 16 the hearing on the anticipatory bail
plea of former Haryana Inspector General M S Ahlawat, who is
facing charges of molesting a woman lawyer eight years back.
District and Sessions Judge R C Godhara adjourned the
matter after the counsel representing the complainant in the
case said he was not given the copies of the documents
appended with the pre-arrest bail application moved by the
retired top cop.
The court directed Ahlawat`s counsel to handover the
copies of the documents to the complainant`s counsel.
A lawyer here had last week lodged a complaint with
the police charging Ahlawat with sexually harassing her when
he was the Yamunanagar SP in 2002.
She claimed to have come into Ahlawat`s contact when
she had approached the Yamunanagar police in May 2002 to lodge
a case of dowry harassment against her husband. The victim
alleged that Ahlawat had insisted on meeting her in his camp
office and allegedly tried to establish illicit relations with
The anticipatory bail application was moved by
Ahlawat`s lawyer on June 10 before the court, in which the
former IGP has pleaded that Section 506 (criminal
intimidation) of the IPC does not apply to his case.
Another plea taken by Ahlawat in seeking anticipatory
bail in case of his arrest is that the victim had not moved
any court all these years against him.
Ahlawat has been booked under sections 354 (criminal
force on woman with intent to outrage modesty), 323 (assault
with intent to voluntarily cause hurt) and 506 (criminal
intimidation) of the IPC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000