Molestation case: Fmr Haryana IG moves anticipatory bail plea
Yamunagar (Haryana): Former Inspector
General of Haryana Police M S Ahlawat on Thursday moved a local
court for anticipatory bail two days after he was booked for
allegedly molesting and intimidating a woman lawyer eight
years back when he was superintendent of police here.
In the anticipatory bail application moved by Ahlawat`s
lawyer before the District and Sessions Judge R C Godhara, the
former IGP has pleaded that Section 506 of the IPC does not
apply to his case.
Another plea taken by Ahlawat in seeking anticipatory
bail in case of his arrest is that the victim had not moved
any court all these years against him.
The case, which is similar to Ruchika molestation case
in which for Haryana DGP SPS Rathore was covicted and finally
jailed, was registered on Tuesday against Ahlawat by the
Yamunanagar police under various sections of the IPC and a SIT
was formed to conduct the probe.
Ahlawat has been booked under sections 354 (criminal
force on woman with intent to outrage modesty), 323 (assault
with intent to voluntarily cause hurt) and 506 (criminal
intimidation) of the IPC in the case.
A Yamunanagar-based lawyer had lodged a complaint with
the police charging Ahlawat with sexually harassing her when
he was the Yamunanagar SP in 2002.
The victim had recently met Haryana DGP Ranjiv Singh
Dalal at Panchkula. She claimed to have come into Ahlawat`s
contact when she had approached the Yamunanagar police in May
2002 to lodge a case of dowry harassment against her husband.
The victim alleged that Ahlawat had insisted on meeting
her in his camp office and allegedly tried to establish
illicit relations with her.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city