MP Kumari Selja supports separate SGPC for Haryana
Ambala: Former Union minister and Rajya Sabha MP Kumari Selja on Saturday came out in support of Haryana government`s move to carve out a separate SGPC for the state to manage Sikh shrines.
She told reporters here this evening that separate SGPC should have been constituted before 2014 Lok Sabha polls as the Congress had promised a separate body for the state in its elections manifesto in 2005 and 2009.
"It was a long pending demand of the Sikh community of the state which has been fulfilled," she said.
The Congress leader sought to downplay the internal strife inside the Haryana unit of the party.
She shrugged off as "personal views" the demand of senior Congress leader Birender Singh that Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda should be replaced before Assembly polls.
Sailja said that she has already conveyed her viewpoint to Sonia Gandhi and Rahul Gandhi in this regard and clarified that the party high command has not made any decision about who would be the next leader if Congress gets majority in the upcoming Assembly polls.
She claimed that Congress would again come to power for a third time in Haryana if the tickets were given to the "loyal" party workers while keeping the winnability factor in mind.
Haryana Assembly yesterday passed a Bill to create a separate body to manage Sikh shrines in the state.
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- Lenovo ZUK Z1 to be launched in India on May 10
- Research for 'Veerappan' took 15 years: Ram Gopal Varma
- ICSE ISC Results 2016: CISCE.org Board Class 10th (X) & 12th (XII) Result is likely to be declared on May 6, 2016
- Happy flying! Air tickets of 1-hour flights could cost just Rs 2,500
- DHSE Kerala HSC (+2) Result 2016: Keralaresults.nic.in Class 12th Plus two Result 2016 Kerala Board is likely to be declared on May 9, 2016