Mullana owns responsibility for Cong`s Hisar rout
Chandigarh: Owning moral responsibility for
the party`s humiliating defeat in the recently held Hisar Lok
Sabha bypoll, Haryana Congress chief Phool Chand Mullana on Tuesday said it is up to the high command to decide his fate.
"I yesterday submitted a report to the high command (on
the reasons behind party`s poor show in Hisar) and have left
it to them to decide my fate," Mullana told reporters here.
On media reports that he had resigned as state unit
chief, Mullana said, "I have taken moral responsibility for
Congress` defeat in Hisar. It is up to the party high command
to decide my fate."
When asked specifically if he had resigned, the Congress
leader said, "It is party`s internal matter."
Internal bickering within the party`s state unit had come
to the fore with the general body of the Haryana Congress on
October 21 passing a resolution seeking disciplinary action
against some senior leaders from the state and known
detractors of Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda for
allegedly sabotaging the Hisar bypolls.
The term of Mullana, a Hooda loyalist and a Dalit leader,
as party`s state chief ended over a year back and talk of his
replacement has been doing the rounds for some time.
The Hisar bypoll, whose result was announced on October
17, was won by Haryana Janhit Congress chief Kuldeep Bishnoi
who defeated his nearest INLD rival Ajay Singh Chautala, while
Congress` Jai Prakash finished a poor third and even lost his
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Disruption of Parliament not acceptable, for God's sake, do your job: President Pranab Mukherjee to MPs
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!