Mullana owns responsibility for Cong`s Hisar rout
Chandigarh: Owning moral responsibility for
the party`s humiliating defeat in the recently held Hisar Lok
Sabha bypoll, Haryana Congress chief Phool Chand Mullana on Tuesday said it is up to the high command to decide his fate.
"I yesterday submitted a report to the high command (on
the reasons behind party`s poor show in Hisar) and have left
it to them to decide my fate," Mullana told reporters here.
On media reports that he had resigned as state unit
chief, Mullana said, "I have taken moral responsibility for
Congress` defeat in Hisar. It is up to the party high command
to decide my fate."
When asked specifically if he had resigned, the Congress
leader said, "It is party`s internal matter."
Internal bickering within the party`s state unit had come
to the fore with the general body of the Haryana Congress on
October 21 passing a resolution seeking disciplinary action
against some senior leaders from the state and known
detractors of Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda for
allegedly sabotaging the Hisar bypolls.
The term of Mullana, a Hooda loyalist and a Dalit leader,
as party`s state chief ended over a year back and talk of his
replacement has been doing the rounds for some time.
The Hisar bypoll, whose result was announced on October
17, was won by Haryana Janhit Congress chief Kuldeep Bishnoi
who defeated his nearest INLD rival Ajay Singh Chautala, while
Congress` Jai Prakash finished a poor third and even lost his
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!