Mumbai RTI activist left in Surat after abduction
Surat: An RTI activist from Mumbai, who had
sought information on various issues including the Adarsh
Society scam, was admitted to Surat civil hospital after he
was found lying unconscious on the roadside in Palsana in the
district, police said on Sunday.
Santosh M Tiwari (42), a former employee of Central
Industrial Security Force (CISF), was found in Palsana this
morning by a passer-by.
After coming around, Tiwari told police that he was
abducted by a gang of `Dilawar` from Mira Road area in
suburban Mumbai on Friday. Tiwari works as a security
consultant for a firm there.
He said the culprits came in a Mahindra Scorpio,
identified themselves as policemen, and said they wanted to
question him with regard to one of his RTI applications.
Tiwari said he was assaulted by Vijay Marwadi, and put on
the floor of the SUV. Later, he was kept in a warehouse and
was made to drink alcohol instead of water.
Tiwari alleges this was the fall-out of his RTI
applications, which could expose big politicians including
those involved in Adarsh scam.
Police said that had informed Mumbai police in this
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday