Mumbai RTI activist left in Surat after abduction
Surat: An RTI activist from Mumbai, who had
sought information on various issues including the Adarsh
Society scam, was admitted to Surat civil hospital after he
was found lying unconscious on the roadside in Palsana in the
district, police said on Sunday.
Santosh M Tiwari (42), a former employee of Central
Industrial Security Force (CISF), was found in Palsana this
morning by a passer-by.
After coming around, Tiwari told police that he was
abducted by a gang of `Dilawar` from Mira Road area in
suburban Mumbai on Friday. Tiwari works as a security
consultant for a firm there.
He said the culprits came in a Mahindra Scorpio,
identified themselves as policemen, and said they wanted to
question him with regard to one of his RTI applications.
Tiwari said he was assaulted by Vijay Marwadi, and put on
the floor of the SUV. Later, he was kept in a warehouse and
was made to drink alcohol instead of water.
Tiwari alleges this was the fall-out of his RTI
applications, which could expose big politicians including
those involved in Adarsh scam.
Police said that had informed Mumbai police in this
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- My mother is like Indrani Mukerjea, she likes having sex with many men: Delhi school boy
- Sheena Bora case: This is how Indrani Mukerjea got idea to plot a 'perfect murder'