Mumbai RTI activist left in Surat after abduction
Surat: An RTI activist from Mumbai, who had
sought information on various issues including the Adarsh
Society scam, was admitted to Surat civil hospital after he
was found lying unconscious on the roadside in Palsana in the
district, police said on Sunday.
Santosh M Tiwari (42), a former employee of Central
Industrial Security Force (CISF), was found in Palsana this
morning by a passer-by.
After coming around, Tiwari told police that he was
abducted by a gang of `Dilawar` from Mira Road area in
suburban Mumbai on Friday. Tiwari works as a security
consultant for a firm there.
He said the culprits came in a Mahindra Scorpio,
identified themselves as policemen, and said they wanted to
question him with regard to one of his RTI applications.
Tiwari said he was assaulted by Vijay Marwadi, and put on
the floor of the SUV. Later, he was kept in a warehouse and
was made to drink alcohol instead of water.
Tiwari alleges this was the fall-out of his RTI
applications, which could expose big politicians including
those involved in Adarsh scam.
Police said that had informed Mumbai police in this
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!