Mumbai RTI activist left in Surat after abduction
Surat: An RTI activist from Mumbai, who had
sought information on various issues including the Adarsh
Society scam, was admitted to Surat civil hospital after he
was found lying unconscious on the roadside in Palsana in the
district, police said on Sunday.
Santosh M Tiwari (42), a former employee of Central
Industrial Security Force (CISF), was found in Palsana this
morning by a passer-by.
After coming around, Tiwari told police that he was
abducted by a gang of `Dilawar` from Mira Road area in
suburban Mumbai on Friday. Tiwari works as a security
consultant for a firm there.
He said the culprits came in a Mahindra Scorpio,
identified themselves as policemen, and said they wanted to
question him with regard to one of his RTI applications.
Tiwari said he was assaulted by Vijay Marwadi, and put on
the floor of the SUV. Later, he was kept in a warehouse and
was made to drink alcohol instead of water.
Tiwari alleges this was the fall-out of his RTI
applications, which could expose big politicians including
those involved in Adarsh scam.
Police said that had informed Mumbai police in this
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction - Part II
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming