Murder accused shot dead in Haryana
Rohtak: A 29-year-old youth accused in a murder case was shot dead in broad daylight on Friday by car-borne assailants in the Bahadurgarh town on the Delhi-Haryana border.
Himmat Singh of Mandhothi village was returning after appearing before a Bahadurgarh court when the attackers obstructed his vehicle on the busy NH-10, police said, adding that the assailants fired on him from close range and later managed to escape, leaving their car on the spot.
On a complaint by brother of the deceased, a case under relevant sections of IPC has been lodged against 16 persons, they added.
Some weapons have also been recovered from the spot.
Himmat was accused in over 15 criminal cases including murder, attempt to murder, kidnapping and robbery, police said, suspecting an old rivalry behind the murder.
The is the second such incident in the region during last 24 hours.
Last evening, a 31-year-old youth of Noona Majra village was shot dead by unidentified assailants when he was sitting on his grocery shop near bus stand of the village.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket explodes minutes after Florida launch
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- #SelfieWithDaughter trends worldwide on Twitter after PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat'
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him