Murder accused shot dead in Haryana
Rohtak: A 29-year-old youth accused in a murder case was shot dead in broad daylight on Friday by car-borne assailants in the Bahadurgarh town on the Delhi-Haryana border.
Himmat Singh of Mandhothi village was returning after appearing before a Bahadurgarh court when the attackers obstructed his vehicle on the busy NH-10, police said, adding that the assailants fired on him from close range and later managed to escape, leaving their car on the spot.
On a complaint by brother of the deceased, a case under relevant sections of IPC has been lodged against 16 persons, they added.
Some weapons have also been recovered from the spot.
Himmat was accused in over 15 criminal cases including murder, attempt to murder, kidnapping and robbery, police said, suspecting an old rivalry behind the murder.
The is the second such incident in the region during last 24 hours.
Last evening, a 31-year-old youth of Noona Majra village was shot dead by unidentified assailants when he was sitting on his grocery shop near bus stand of the village.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing the impact of secret data leak of Scorpene submarine on India's security
- DNA: Analyzing the impact of secret data leak of Scorpene submarine on India's security Part II
- DNA: Analyzing the possible hands indulged in Scorpene Submarine data leak
- DNA: Analyzing the media coverage on Kashmir violence
- DNA: PM Modi's photos and Indian flag raised during protests in Balochistan
- Delhi: Driver held for creating girls' fake social media profiles
- Eng vs Pak, 1st ODI: Azhar Ali leads from front as England restrict Pakistan for 260/6
- Active parent involvement reduces obesity risk in children: Study
- Kashmir unrest: One more killed in protests; Rajnath Singh meets political leaders
- Earth-like planet found in nearest solar system: Study