Murder accused shot dead in Haryana
Rohtak: A 29-year-old youth accused in a murder case was shot dead in broad daylight on Friday by car-borne assailants in the Bahadurgarh town on the Delhi-Haryana border.
Himmat Singh of Mandhothi village was returning after appearing before a Bahadurgarh court when the attackers obstructed his vehicle on the busy NH-10, police said, adding that the assailants fired on him from close range and later managed to escape, leaving their car on the spot.
On a complaint by brother of the deceased, a case under relevant sections of IPC has been lodged against 16 persons, they added.
Some weapons have also been recovered from the spot.
Himmat was accused in over 15 criminal cases including murder, attempt to murder, kidnapping and robbery, police said, suspecting an old rivalry behind the murder.
The is the second such incident in the region during last 24 hours.
Last evening, a 31-year-old youth of Noona Majra village was shot dead by unidentified assailants when he was sitting on his grocery shop near bus stand of the village.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction - Part II
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming