Murder accused shot dead in Haryana
Rohtak: A 29-year-old youth accused in a murder case was shot dead in broad daylight on Friday by car-borne assailants in the Bahadurgarh town on the Delhi-Haryana border.
Himmat Singh of Mandhothi village was returning after appearing before a Bahadurgarh court when the attackers obstructed his vehicle on the busy NH-10, police said, adding that the assailants fired on him from close range and later managed to escape, leaving their car on the spot.
On a complaint by brother of the deceased, a case under relevant sections of IPC has been lodged against 16 persons, they added.
Some weapons have also been recovered from the spot.
Himmat was accused in over 15 criminal cases including murder, attempt to murder, kidnapping and robbery, police said, suspecting an old rivalry behind the murder.
The is the second such incident in the region during last 24 hours.
Last evening, a 31-year-old youth of Noona Majra village was shot dead by unidentified assailants when he was sitting on his grocery shop near bus stand of the village.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Do condom ads encourage rape?
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda