Mutilated body of infant found near canal in Haryana
Jalandhar: Body of an infant, badly bitten by stray dogs, was on Saturday found near a canal in Basti Peerdad area of the district, police said.
The body was recovered by policemen after being informed about the matter by locals, DCP Sarabjeet Singh said.
When the police reached the spot, the dogs were still nibbling the body, he said, adding that the deceased appeared to be 9-10 days old.
The body has been sent to the hospital and a case has been registered against unidentified persons, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Will multi-level car parking system across India help reduce traffic jams?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city