Mutilated body of infant found near canal in Haryana
Jalandhar: Body of an infant, badly bitten by stray dogs, was on Saturday found near a canal in Basti Peerdad area of the district, police said.
The body was recovered by policemen after being informed about the matter by locals, DCP Sarabjeet Singh said.
When the police reached the spot, the dogs were still nibbling the body, he said, adding that the deceased appeared to be 9-10 days old.
The body has been sent to the hospital and a case has been registered against unidentified persons, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 4 pm
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam