Mutilated body of infant found near canal in Haryana
Jalandhar: Body of an infant, badly bitten by stray dogs, was on Saturday found near a canal in Basti Peerdad area of the district, police said.
The body was recovered by policemen after being informed about the matter by locals, DCP Sarabjeet Singh said.
When the police reached the spot, the dogs were still nibbling the body, he said, adding that the deceased appeared to be 9-10 days old.
The body has been sent to the hospital and a case has been registered against unidentified persons, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- WATCH: Roger Federer mesmerizes centre court crowd with a 'tweener lob'
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions